News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Shape of Water

Started by SGOS, December 28, 2017, 08:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

93% at Rotten Tomatoes, surpassed only by Coco at 97%, and it's at the bottom of the list for Box Office earnings.  But this could be do to a partial release since it's not even playing within 70 miles of my house, although some of these high rated films will once in a while show up a couple of weeks after opening.  I was especially looking forward to this one after seeing a trailer and hearing a plot description in an NPR interview.  It's odd that my local theater, well 50 miles away, even showed it in the coming attractions.  Anyone seen it?

_Xenu_

I have Movie Pass and will try to go see it today. Meant to see it yesterday but got lazy.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Munch

Not yet but love the look of this one, the plot looks very interesting and anything by del toro is masterful.
It makes me think of the babadook, a well made emotional horror going unappreciated
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

I hope it shows up at the theater.  I can wait for the DVD, but it's not my first choice.

AllPurposeAtheist

Well, if critics like it it's bound to suck shit..AND since I have several streaming services in the house with quite literally thousands of movies to watch at any given time I probably won't be plopping down whatever theaters want to go sit and smell other people's farts from a distance in the dark.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

_Xenu_

Definitely a strange movie, saw it tonight. Its like it cant decide if it wants to be a kids film or not, and certain parts are very disgusting.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Cavebear

When they come on free cable TV, I look forward to watching.  I am patient.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: _Xenu_ on December 30, 2017, 08:43:41 PM
Definitely a strange movie, saw it tonight. Its like it cant decide if it wants to be a kids film or not, and certain parts are very disgusting.
Making love to an amphibious creature does push the limit of societal expectations, but I bet you didn't hide your eyes.  Without the sex, it could be a kid's film.  With it, it's a weird adult diversion, unique by virtue of its icky scenes, but I've seen lots of Hollywood films that strike me as far more disturbing.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on February 25, 2018, 05:01:09 AM
Making love to an amphibious creature does push the limit of societal expectations, but I bet you didn't hide your eyes.  Without the sex, it could be a kid's film.  With it, it's a weird adult diversion, unique by virtue of its icky scenes, but I've seen lots of Hollywood films that strike me as far more disturbing.

I think I will wait longer than I expected to.  LOL!  "ICK" is not my favorite style...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!