Macro-economic picture for the last 30 years ...

Started by Baruch, December 26, 2017, 04:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsqGITb0W4A&feature=youtu.be&t=2m02s

Just facts ... not politics.  Basically, force the middle class into the lower class, then kill all the poor people ... next.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Pretty good re-cap of the last 30 (& more) financial years, and I agree on him on populism and how, essentially, a populist was elected in the U.S.

So far, even though they gained quite a foot-hold, populist in Europe have not won the elections - the case for immigration is that they'll fill the widening gap in the work-force that is yet to come.

Also, in the comment section, I agree with on poster that he is wrong on the job creation part in the future, A.I. will and already has moved the workforce from simple jobs to machines. I don't know who said it before, but I really think that strong A.I. or A.G.I. will be humanities last invention, because they'll be doing the thinking for us once we have perfected the algorithms for A.I.

Instead of welfare state(s), have a basic universal income with no strings attached.

EDIT: a good TED interview with an A.I. expert about the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6tgYBMXR6s

Baruch

i don't object to taking care of people, I object to taking care of corporations and plutocrats.  But I am not liberal in that.  I simply don't trust any form of collectivism.

Populism gained in France and Netherlands and Spain this year, but not a knock out blow.  But Poland is clearly populist (at least anti Berlin) and Austria is moving in the same pro-Catholic direction.  If the globalists weren't such monsters, they might attract more bees, with honey, not vinegar.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2017, 08:35:15 PM
i don't object to taking care of people, I object to taking care of corporations and plutocrats. 

You ARE slowly coming around to the progressive view.  Please keep up the good transition.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 08:57:44 AM
You ARE slowly coming around to the progressive view.  Please keep up the good transition.

I was progressive in 1974.  I can only move down, having been on the peak of the mountain.  Humanity has proven predictably disappointing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 09:29:20 AM
I was progressive in 1974.  I can only move down, having been on the peak of the mountain.  Humanity has proven predictably disappointing.

I slightly agree with you about that.  But even at 67, I still have hopes for humanity.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 09:44:05 AM
I slightly agree with you about that.  But even at 67, I still have hopes for humanity.

Good for you.  Maximal cynicism is a downer, but the only way is up!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 09:48:29 AM
Good for you.  Maximal cynicism is a downer, but the only way is up!

I don't like individual people a while lot, but I sure like humanity collectively.  In US I Trust!

Ans I don't mean that that is easy.  But it beats giving up, nes ce pas?

If we give up on ourselves, we're done.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 09:51:50 AM
I don't like individual people a while lot, but I sure like humanity collectively.  In US I Trust!

Ans I don't mean that that is easy.  But it beats giving up, nes ce pas?

If we give up on ourselves, we're done.

I am anti-bear.  I like people individually, but hate them collectively (same reason I hate G-d).  And yes, soon enough, we are both done.  I hope that the effort was worthwhile, even if it isn't lasting.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 09:53:59 AM
I am anti-bear.  I like people individually, but hate them collectively (same reason I hate G-d).  And yes, soon enough, we are both done.  I hope that the effort was worthwhile, even if it isn't lasting.

You know. I'm ONLY 67.  I'm not dead yet.  I'm going to fight to make things better until my last breath.  Sure, my typing WON'T get better, and my mind may slow down come 20 years from now, but I live to see a better world if I can do anything about it!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 09:58:35 AM
You know. I'm ONLY 67.  I'm not dead yet.  I'm going to fight to make things better until my last breath.  Sure, my typing WON'T get better, and my mind may slow down come 20 years from now, but I live to see a better world if I can do anything about it!

Star Wars Emperor ... "yes, feel the hopium ..."
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 10:08:16 AM
Star Wars Emperor ... "yes, feel the hopium ..."

Well Hopium and Thoughtium probably ARE the opposite of Unobtanium and Godium...

Jason Harvestdancer

Baruch, you post many topics that look interesting, but start with just a video.  Not even a summary of the video, just a video.

Why should I spend my time watching that video?  Who is that person?  What are his credentials?  What is the point he is making?  One paragraph ought to suffice.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 27, 2018, 12:15:21 PM
Baruch, you post many topics that look interesting, but start with just a video.  Not even a summary of the video, just a video.

Why should I spend my time watching that video?  Who is that person?  What are his credentials?  What is the point he is making?  One paragraph ought to suffice.

I am trying to control that ... but in multi-game speed chess, I have to type fast!  Make a specific question on a specific video that is interesting, and I will respond.  You are welcome.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 03:51:13 PM
I am trying to control that ... but in multi-game speed chess, I have to type fast!  Make a specific question on a specific video that is interesting, and I will respond.  You are welcome.

Do you ever play the English Opening.  I like that one for the transpositional possibilities.