Putting the Christ Back in Christian

Started by Blackleaf, December 24, 2017, 04:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 02, 2018, 12:43:37 PM
Fer sure, dood!  The earliest wasn't Mithra.  But he pre-dated Heysus.  The important thing to realize is that the christian text is way late and copied from everyone else.  So there isn't a dime (or 30) of value in anything in there.

All good artists are plagiarists.  But not all plagiarists are good.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2018, 12:45:59 PM
All good artists are plagiarists.  But not all plagiarists are good.

That's like saying that mammals have hair, whales are mammals, therefore all mammals are whales.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 02, 2018, 12:57:58 PM
That's like saying that mammals have hair, whales are mammals, therefore all mammals are whales.

I guess you never cribbed any notes for a test, nor looked up anything in Wikipedia.  You went back to the Stone Age on every question, and worked forward, to prove your originality?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2018, 12:59:13 PM
I guess you never cribbed any notes for a test, nor looked up anything in Wikipedia.  You went back to the Stone Age on every question, and worked forward, to prove your originality?

Actually, much of my historical interest resides there.  And no, I never cribbed notes for tests.  I just listened to lectures and read the books.  I do check wikipedia for facts sometimes.  Confirmation of old memories is good and sometimes there is new information.

Does that disturb you?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 02, 2018, 01:17:03 PM
Actually, much of my historical interest resides there.  And no, I never cribbed notes for tests.  I just listened to lectures and read the books.  I do check wikipedia for facts sometimes.  Confirmation of old memories is good and sometimes there is new information.

Does that disturb you?

There is good X and bad X ... as I said.  I see nothing wrong in what you just said.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2018, 01:21:48 PM
There is good X and bad X ... as I said.  I see nothing wrong in what you just said.

You said otherwise in the previous post.  Very Trumpian; attack, deny, then infer back.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on February 02, 2018, 12:05:16 PM
Listening to Jesus Christ Superstar now, as it were.  As far as Christ being an original goes, look to Mithra.
I really like the music in that! Heard it the first time when I was still a Christian, way back in my teen years, at the home of the local youth leader of my church. It actually made me think more deeply about the religion.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2018, 02:09:32 PM
I really like the music in that! Heard it the first time when I was still a Christian, way back in my teen years, at the home of the local youth leader of my church. It actually made me think more deeply about the religion.

I admire the story it tells, though not the deeper meaning of religion.  In college, I listened to it so often I won bets by always knowing the next line (though the duplicate lines were verboten).