Putting the Christ Back in Christian

Started by Blackleaf, December 24, 2017, 04:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 03, 2018, 06:46:46 PM
I usually answer the door in my Fruit-of-the-Looms ... even scares off cops.
Do they ever ask if that's a banana in your underwear, or are you just glad to see them?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 03, 2018, 06:58:04 PM
Do they ever ask if that's a banana in your underwear, or are you just glad to see them?

Some women like men in uniform ... but I am not like that ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 03, 2018, 10:42:26 PM
Some women like men in uniform ... but I am not like that ;-)

Better to keep the banana in your ear, so you can pretend not to hear...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

You should never put anything in your ear, except your elbow.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 27, 2018, 02:18:48 PM
You should never put anything in your ear, except your elbow.

Eh?  Sorry, I have an elbow in my ear!  Seriously, have you ever read a Q-Tip package?  The one thing I thought they were supposed to be used for, you shouldn't!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 02:26:15 PM
Eh?  Sorry, I have an elbow in my ear!  Seriously, have you ever read a Q-Tip package?  The one thing I thought they were supposed to be used for, you shouldn't!

Damn the lawyers!  Full courtroom ahead. - Judge Farragut.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2018, 03:18:32 PM
Damn the lawyers!  Full courtroom ahead. - Judge Farragut.

Te product was marketed by weasels and the warnings on the box were written by different weasels...

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on January 27, 2018, 02:26:15 PM
People used to call into the Dr. Dean Edell show and complain about belly-button stink, and he'd ask them if they clean their navels with Q-tips. When they invariably said yes, they do, he'd tell them how cotton bits would come off the Q-tip and fester in there, and the bacteria was causing the stink. I've never used the things for anything since then.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 27, 2018, 03:23:35 PM
People used to call into the Dr. Dean Edell show and complain about belly-button stink, and he'd ask them if they clean their navels with Q-tips. When they invariably said yes, they do, he'd tell them how cotton bits would come off the Q-tip and fester in there, and the bacteria was causing the stink. I've never used the things for anything since then.

So your head is turning into a wax-works at Madame Tussaud?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 27, 2018, 03:23:35 PM
I use 'em for plastic welding fluid (if I'm working on a large area) and certain kinds of paint, and for testing ink colors.  Basically, they're useful for everything except the stuff people think they're supposed to be used for.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on January 27, 2018, 07:40:13 PM
I use 'em for plastic welding fluid (if I'm working on a large area) and certain kinds of paint, and for testing ink colors.  Basically, they're useful for everything except the stuff people think they're supposed to be used for.

They are also good for applying wood glue to small areas.  Not much other purpose.  Now I have to figure out what to do with the other 499 in the box...

Gawdzilla Sama

Have we decided which Christ we're putting back into which Christianity?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 02, 2018, 08:54:10 AM
Have we decided which Christ we're putting back into which Christianity?

Listening to Jesus Christ Superstar now, as it were.  As far as Christ being an original goes, look to Mithra.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 02, 2018, 12:05:16 PM
Listening to Jesus Christ Superstar now, as it were.  As far as Christ being an original goes, look to Mithra.

Older than that, and with many fathers, not just one.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2018, 12:23:25 PM
Older than that, and with many fathers, not just one.

Fer sure, dood!  The earliest wasn't Mithra.  But he pre-dated Heysus.  The important thing to realize is that the christian text is way late and copied from everyone else.  So there isn't a dime (or 30) of value in anything in there.