Started by pr126, December 24, 2017, 04:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 28, 2018, 02:24:54 PM
Ah the initials beloved by the crazed conspiracy-minded...

They exist ... do you deny it?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on February 28, 2018, 06:09:44 PM
The Food Babe? The Food Babe is calling Snopes (or anyone else) untrustworthy? BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Man, that was good for a laugh! Thanks!

Hillary calling Trump (or anyone else) untrustworthy?  BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

I know you're trying to again draw a false equivalence, but it still doesn't work.
(she bites!)

Hydra009

Conservatives:  Wikipedia and Snopes are untrustworthy!  Now check out my Fox News links, Infowars videos, and Patriot4America blog posts!

Hakurei Reimu

I can understand why Baruch took umbrage of me shitting on the Food Boob; he is, after all, an organic food nut who doesn't seem to realize that the organic food industry is just that â€" an industry. It has just as little regard for the safety and quality of human life as would the conventional food industry, because the both of them are after the same thing: profit über alles.

The Food Babe is a wacka-loon with a proven record of being scientifically ignorant, whereas Snopes has a similarly proven record of researched debunking, all the way from its days as a site debunking urban myths. The Food Babe calling Snopes untrustworthy is like Conservapedia calling the Encyclopedia Britannica untrustworthy. Neither would know what trustworthiness is if it walked up to them and bit them on the leg.
(she bites!)

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on February 28, 2018, 09:03:41 PM
I know you're trying to again draw a false equivalence, but it still doesn't work.

Politicians are all alike.  The denial of that is the very basis of political behavior.  Jackanapes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 28, 2018, 09:14:11 PM
Conservatives:  Wikipedia and Snopes are untrustworthy!  Now check out my Fox News links, Infowars videos, and Patriot4America blog posts!

No problem, I am not conservative.  I am traditional.  Big difference.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on February 28, 2018, 09:31:26 PM
I can understand why Baruch took umbrage of me shitting on the Food Boob; he is, after all, an organic food nut who doesn't seem to realize that the organic food industry is just that â€" an industry. It has just as little regard for the safety and quality of human life as would the conventional food industry, because the both of them are after the same thing: profit über alles.

The Food Babe is a wacka-loon with a proven record of being scientifically ignorant, whereas Snopes has a similarly proven record of researched debunking, all the way from its days as a site debunking urban myths. The Food Babe calling Snopes untrustworthy is like Conservapedia calling the Encyclopedia Britannica untrustworthy. Neither would know what trustworthiness is if it walked up to them and bit them on the leg.

And you are hung from your own petard, even if you aren't a military engineer as I once was.  The false equivalence is if Source X is actually right about something, it is right about everything.  And if Source Y is actually wrong about something, it is wrong about everything.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2018, 09:38:37 PM
No problem, I am not conservative.  I am traditional.  Big difference.
I can't see the difference, frankly.

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2018, 09:37:52 PM
Politicians are all alike.  The denial of that is the very basis of political behavior.  Jackanapes.
Yes yes, politicians are all alike except where they aren't. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew that Trump is untrustworthy, so Hillary stating such would be just be stating the fucking obvious.

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2018, 09:39:58 PM
And you are hung from your own petard, even if you aren't a military engineer as I once was.
I don't believe for a fucking second that you were ever a military engineer.

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2018, 09:39:58 PM
The false equivalence is if Source X is actually right about something, it is right about everything.  And if Source Y is actually wrong about something, it is wrong about everything.
Sheesh, Baruch, would it kill ya to actually look up what a false equivalence entails?
(she bites!)

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on February 28, 2018, 09:47:54 PM
I can't see the difference, frankly.

Yes yes, politicians are all alike except where they aren't. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew that Trump is untrustworthy, so Hillary stating such would be just be stating the fucking obvious.

I don't believe for a fucking second that you were ever a military engineer.

Sheesh, Baruch, would it kill ya to actually look up what a false equivalence entails?

So ... once again you resort to ad hominem.  Do you have any other bad rhetorical cards up your sleeve?

Yes, it is part of your ideology, to fetishize progress, demonize regress ... and no, Traditional doesn't equal reactionary either.  I simply recognize that our ancestors weren't idiots because they didn't have the iPhone X.

What you believe matters not to me.  I was a "civilian" military engineer ... if that is the hair you are splitting.

And you misuse "false equivalence" .. I used a rhetorical technique, and you mistake that for the point I was making.  You dare not understand that point.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2018, 10:07:04 PM
So ... once again you resort to ad hominem.  Do you have any other bad rhetorical cards up your sleeve?
What ad hominem?

Yes, it is part of your ideology, to fetishize progress, demonize regress ... and no, Traditional doesn't equal reactionary either.  I simply recognize that our ancestors weren't idiots because they didn't have the iPhone X.
Neither do I, but to say that we're not in a better position to evaluate their choices now than in the past is patently absurd. Yes, even though they weren't idiots, they can still be wrong from lack of information. Cavemen weren't idiots for staying in caves, but we have much better alternatives now.

What you believe matters not to me.  I was a "civilian" military engineer ... if that is the hair you are splitting.
I don't believe you were ever an engineer at all, civilian, military, or "civilian" military. You've made too many mistakes in basic engineering (like saying that a watt is a unit of energy) to lead me to that conclusion.

And you misuse "false equivalence" .. I used a rhetorical technique, and you mistake that for the point I was making.  You dare not understand that point.
You have a rich fantasy life. Snopes may not be 100% accurate, but it's going to be much more accurate than some idiot on the internet with a proven track record of being scientifically ignorant. And someone who is willing to poison the well using irrelevant references to Monsanto deserves to be poisoned themselves.
(she bites!)

Baruch

Yeah, Pravda on the Potomac or Tass on the Hudson aren't 100% accurate.  OK genius, tell me the Latin name of that fallacy?  I am not a Fox fan, never have been.

Yes, I am getting old and sloppy.  You can clean up my dribble after I eat ... if you want ;-))  I do use Google etc to cover for memory failures, but I don't rely on it for understanding.

Knowledge isn't the same as understanding.  Knowledge is valuable, understanding is priceless.  In these days of Internet, every idiot has access to infinite knowledge (which statistically turns out to be mutually contradictory) ... but I would take Socrates over them any day.  Try using dimensional reduction to make sense of that, if you can.

Yes, the D administrations since the 19th century onward ... all fantasy purveyors.  Wasn't the Buchanan administration our first gay administration?  That is the prior Obama was emulating ... also the last admin before Civil War.  Gotta make Wakanda proud.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 01, 2018, 05:23:20 AM
Yeah, Pravda on the Potomac or Tass on the Hudson aren't 100% accurate.  OK genius, tell me the Latin name of that fallacy?  I am not a Fox fan, never have been.

Yes, I am getting old and sloppy.  You can clean up my dribble after I eat ... if you want ;-))  I do use Google etc to cover for memory failures, but I don't rely on it for understanding.

Knowledge isn't the same as understanding.  Knowledge is valuable, understanding is priceless.  In these days of Internet, every idiot has access to infinite knowledge (which statistically turns out to be mutually contradictory) ... but I would take Socrates over them any day.  Try using dimensional reduction to make sense of that, if you can.

Yes, the D administrations since the 19th century onward ... all fantasy purveyors.  Wasn't the Buchanan administration our first gay administration?  That is the prior Obama was emulating ... also the last admin before Civil War.  Gotta make Wakanda proud.

You are now  informally set on "ignore".  You are just nuts.  I give up on you.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!