Meeting the Enemy: A Feminist's 100 Hours with the MRA

Started by Shiranu, December 22, 2017, 10:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 23, 2017, 03:25:16 PM
You're funny. It is a demonstrable fact that in virtually every single first-world/western nation, that women have more legal rights than men.

If you say so. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

You're funny. It is a demonstrable fact that in virtually every single first-world/western nation, that women have more legal rights than men.

Then demonstrate it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Just a thought.  Are you saying "legal rights" in a technical sense?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 01:31:48 PM
I generally rotate my 5 pm cocktails among Gin Buck, Singapore Sling, and Southern Comfort with Peach liquor.  With hefty doses of ginger ale.
Singapore Sling--good any time.  Southern Comfort was my go to drink in college.  But straight, out of the bottle. :))  If I did not mix my poisons, I'd not get a headache.  Straight whiskey when poor and Southern Comfort if a little less poor.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 23, 2017, 06:18:59 PM
Singapore Sling--good any time.  Southern Comfort was my go to drink in college.  But straight, out of the bottle. :))  If I did not mix my poisons, I'd not get a headache.  Straight whiskey when poor and Southern Comfort if a little less poor.

I prefer my alcohol as a flavor, not a base.  My dad used to drink martinis (a shot of gin and wave a tonic bottle over it for luck).  I tried one once and it was horrible.  My idea of a cocktail is a shot of gin or Southern Comfort with a some fruit flavor and a LOT of gingerale and ice to melt in.

Which is why I haven't touched vodka in years.  What's the point?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2017, 05:33:26 AM
I prefer my alcohol as a flavor, not a base.  My dad used to drink martinis (a shot of gin and wave a tonic bottle over it for luck).  I tried one once and it was horrible.  My idea of a cocktail is a shot of gin or Southern Comfort with a some fruit flavor and a LOT of gingerale and ice to melt in.

Which is why I haven't touched vodka in years.  What's the point?

Russians agree, they prefer flavored vodka (if they can afford it).  Only peasants drink the unflavored stuff.  I read of one flavor once, chili pepper vodka ... the reviewer said it was only fit for going polar bear hunting on the ice pack.  Stay warm inside for hours ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2017, 09:31:40 AM
Russians agree, they prefer flavored vodka (if they can afford it).  Only peasants drink the unflavored stuff.  I read of one flavor once, chili pepper vodka ... the reviewer said it was only fit for going polar bear hunting on the ice pack.  Stay warm inside for hours ;-)

Anyone who depends on alcohol (other than burning in a lamp) for warmth in the coldest places is found a few centuries later when the glacier edge melts out...