Author Topic: Meeting the Enemy: A Feminist's 100 Hours with the MRA  (Read 241 times)

Offline Cavebear

Re: Meeting the Enemy: A Feminist's 100 Hours with the MRA
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 03:53:10 PM »
You're funny. It is a demonstrable fact that in virtually every single first-world/western nation, that women have more legal rights than men.

If you say so. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Online Shiranu (OP)

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 03:57:19 PM »
You're funny. It is a demonstrable fact that in virtually every single first-world/western nation, that women have more legal rights than men.

Then demonstrate it.
"When glass breaks it is possible to put the pieces back together, but a heart once broken cannot be pieced together again. The suffering of man is immense, and only in love can relief be found from that suffering."  -
Allahi Allah, traditional Pakistani folk song

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 04:00:23 PM »

Just a thought.  Are you saying "legal rights" in a technical sense?

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 06:18:59 PM »
I generally rotate my 5 pm cocktails among Gin Buck, Singapore Sling, and Southern Comfort with Peach liquor.  With hefty doses of ginger ale.
Singapore Sling--good any time.  Southern Comfort was my go to drink in college.  But straight, out of the bottle. :))  If I did not mix my poisons, I'd not get a headache.  Straight whiskey when poor and Southern Comfort if a little less poor.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 05:33:26 AM »
Singapore Sling--good any time.  Southern Comfort was my go to drink in college.  But straight, out of the bottle. :))  If I did not mix my poisons, I'd not get a headache.  Straight whiskey when poor and Southern Comfort if a little less poor.

I prefer my alcohol as a flavor, not a base.  My dad used to drink martinis (a shot of gin and wave a tonic bottle over it for luck).  I tried one once and it was horrible.  My idea of a cocktail is a shot of gin or Southern Comfort with a some fruit flavor and a LOT of gingerale and ice to melt in.

Which is why I haven't touched vodka in years.  What's the point?

Offline Baruch

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 09:31:40 AM »
I prefer my alcohol as a flavor, not a base.  My dad used to drink martinis (a shot of gin and wave a tonic bottle over it for luck).  I tried one once and it was horrible.  My idea of a cocktail is a shot of gin or Southern Comfort with a some fruit flavor and a LOT of gingerale and ice to melt in.

Which is why I haven't touched vodka in years.  What's the point?

Russians agree, they prefer flavored vodka (if they can afford it).  Only peasants drink the unflavored stuff.  I read of one flavor once, chili pepper vodka ... the reviewer said it was only fit for going polar bear hunting on the ice pack.  Stay warm inside for hours ;-)
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »
Russians agree, they prefer flavored vodka (if they can afford it).  Only peasants drink the unflavored stuff.  I read of one flavor once, chili pepper vodka ... the reviewer said it was only fit for going polar bear hunting on the ice pack.  Stay warm inside for hours ;-)

Anyone who depends on alcohol (other than burning in a lamp) for warmth in the coldest places is found a few centuries later when the glacier edge melts out...