News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Where are the Car Girls?

Started by Shiranu, December 22, 2017, 02:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

3 "car girls" opinion on the lack of women who are interested in car culture.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Girls looked at cars, the guy's car, as a sign of a date who was a meal ticket to prosperity.  Women are very much interested in a man with a large and stable income.  And cars as an indicator of this seems more important to girls, back in the day, when most of them didn't have a ride of their own.

There are gender differences.  And women have always been less interested in machines, and more interested in people, than men are.  So their interest was mostly secondary.  I would suggest right now, that a college guy who is messing in BitCoin will attract more interest than a guy who is messing with his car.

In actual quotation from my Ex, as to what motivates women, in order of importance is ...
1. Their own self-image
2. Their self image vs other women
3. What the guy wants

Men are mostly a means to an end, and end decided on by women.  And it is your privilege to be owned by a woman (if you are a guy or a gal).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I went to a car race once.  It was out in woods, even kind of hard to find, but they had lights and everything.  People brought lawn chairs to sit on, and beer coolers to hold their beer.  There were women there.  I don't know why.  I'm not even sure why I was there.  It was fun though.  And this wasn't even Nascar.  It was just some Podunk semi-amateur shade tree mechanics that took the mufflers off their cars and drove them around in a circle.  And people cheered.  You could even hear the women cheering.  Some of them even looked like babes. 

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on December 22, 2017, 07:05:09 AM
Girls looked at cars, the guy's car, as a sign of a date who was a meal ticket to prosperity.  Women are very much interested in a man with a large and stable income.  And cars as an indicator of this seems more important to girls, back in the day, when most of them didn't have a ride of their own.

There are gender differences.  And women have always been less interested in machines, and more interested in people, than men are.  So their interest was mostly secondary.  I would suggest right now, that a college guy who is messing in BitCoin will attract more interest than a guy who is messing with his car.

In actual quotation from my Ex, as to what motivates women, in order of importance is ...
1. Their own self-image
2. Their self image vs other women
3. What the guy wants

Men are mostly a means to an end, and end decided on by women.  And it is your privilege to be owned by a woman (if you are a guy or a gal).

What motivates most women are their children.

Baruch

She is interested in your hamburger ... not your pickup truck ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1xGF5MusCk
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Evolution wins.  Women chose guys with large muscles to bring home mammoths to feed the kids.  Or the ones with gold to BUY some mammoth.  Men choose nubile young women likely to give birth to healthy babies and provide interesting sex for decades. 

You think we are what we are (male and female) for no reason?  All species self-select for some desirable characteristics and they aren't usually rational. 

Peacocks have idiotically large tails because peahens like that.  Male cardinals are bright red because drab female cardinals like that.  And I've (sadly) been watching a hawk in the neighborhood pick off the male cardinals because they are so easy to see.  The ones who survive will be the fastest of the brightest red and sire the next generation.

And we humans are not immune...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ornithological experiment ... red epaulet blackbirds ... they painted a male bird's epaulet feathers black so he looked like a female of his species.  The guys just kept on hitting on him ;-))  See, modern man encourages homosexuality even in other species.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 23, 2017, 07:07:52 AM
Ornithological experiment ... red epaulet blackbirds ... they painted a male bird's epaulet feathers black so he looked like a female of his species.  The guys just kept on hitting on him ;-))  See, modern man encourages homosexuality even in other species.

Congrats, you got it completely wrong.   No surprise.  The male birds thought they were hitting on a female.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 10:09:05 AM
Congrats, you got it completely wrong.   No surprise.  The male birds thought they were hitting on a female.

I was implying the POV of the experimental subject ... but still, the other male birds should figure it out, if the subject sang, the girls don't sing in that tribe.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 23, 2017, 11:28:37 AM
I was implying the POV of the experimental subject ... but still, the other male birds should figure it out, if the subject sang, the girls don't sing in that tribe.

Birds are not like I and me (joke).  They are hard-neuroned to respond to certain signals. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 12:40:17 PM
Birds are not like I and me (joke).  They are hard-neuroned to respond to certain signals.

Most people claim that as well.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on December 22, 2017, 07:05:09 AM
Women are very much interested in a man with a large and stable income. 

I have my own income, thanks.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Cavebear

Quote from: Mermaid on December 23, 2017, 01:43:23 PM
I have my own income, thanks.

I'm glad you do, really.  But what excites you in a guy?  I'll bet it isn't his basic math skills.

Mermaid

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 01:49:21 PM
I'm glad you do, really.  But what excites you in a guy?  I'll bet it isn't his basic math skills.
Do you want me to say it's money?

It's not. When I met my husband, he had a job that paid him less than 20k a year. He made me laugh. That's what excites me in a guy. His brain. Like I said, I have a job and can take care of myself.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Cavebear

Quote from: Mermaid on December 23, 2017, 01:55:43 PM
Do you want me to say it's money?

It's not. When I met my husband, he had a job that paid him less than 20k a year. He made me laugh. That's what excites me in a guy. His brain. Like I said, I have a job and can take care of myself.

I didn't suggest money.  But you make me recall (Greta Garbo?) "He makes me laugh".

The world needs more women like you...