Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The bacon sandwich saga

Started by pr126, June 15, 2013, 02:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Youssuf Ramadan

Good old Daily Mail, fount of all wisdom   :lol:

If bacon sarnies are on the menu, there'd better be tommy ketch on the table!  :-D

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"Good old Daily Mail, fount of all wisdom   :lol:

If bacon sarnies are on the menu, there'd better be tommy ketch on the table!  :-D

Fucking a to the men.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Jmpty

Am I the only one who thinks that there may be more to this story than meets the eye?
And bullets dipped in pork? What, is it like holy water or something?
???  ??

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Jmpty"Am I the only one who thinks that there may be more to this story than meets the eye?
Since pigs are considered unclean, they think anyone that dies with any pork product inside them will damned, or something similar. So yeah, its for real.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

_Xenu_

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"I don't really blame muslims for not allowing people to eat bacon. They have a few thousand years on us in terms of culture age.
Maybe, but they dont have much to show for it.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Plu

This sounds like the point where you just call up the company and explain the situation.

And if they agree with the recruiter, you didn't lose a dreamjob, you escaped a nightmare.

Jmpty

Quote from: "_Xenu_"
Quote from: "Jmpty"Am I the only one who thinks that there may be more to this story than meets the eye?
Since pigs are considered unclean, they think anyone that dies with any pork product inside them will damned, or something similar. So yeah, its for real.

A group of gun enthusiasts, nursing festering anger over the idea of an Islamic cultural center opening near Ground Zero, decided to fight back with a new product line of pork-laced bullets. Located in the tiny town of Dalton Gardens in northern Idaho, South Fork Industries touts its pork-laced ammo as  Jihawg Ammo, a "defensive deterrent to those who violently act in the name of Islam.

Spokane, North Idaho News

South Fork Industries claims its ammo, coated with a pork-permeated paint that the company says makes bullets "haram" or unclean will prevent a Muslim, shot with one of the bullets, from gaining entrance to the gates of paradise. "With Jihawg Ammo, you don't just kill an Islamist terrorist, you also send him to hell. That should give would-be martyrs something to think about before they launch an attack. If it ever becomes necessary to defend yourself and those around you our ammo works on two levels," the company stated in a news release earlier this month.

imagesThe company propaganda, as reported by RNS says, "The website bills the bullets as "Peace Through Pork" and a "peaceful and natural deterrent to radical Islam." There's a related line of apparel that feature slogans like "Put Some Ham in MoHAMed" and a target poster that says "Give Em a Spankin with some Bacon."

"The nullifying principle of our product is only effective if you are attacked by an Islamist in Jihad," the company's website says. "Otherwise, our ammo functions just like any other ammunition, so we obviously insist upon defensive use of our ammo only-not offensive." When contacted, the company refused further comments.

South Fork Industries marketing campaign panders to the ignorance and blind bigotry of a customer base of those that harbor hatered for a culture they do not understand: "skinheads" that seek the "white macho" confidence booster a "bacon-bullet" promises to provide.

Shannon Dunn, assistant professor of religious studies at Gonzaga University in nearby Spokane, Washington told reporters South Fork's concept is based on an inaccurate premise.

RNS reported, Dunn stated, ""There is no penalty for coming into contact with pork given by the Quran," she said, pointing to verses that prohibit the consumption of pork and carrion that are reminiscent of Jewish dietary laws outlined in Leviticus.

"To my knowledge, Muslims, especially unknowingly, would not be banned from heaven for eating or getting hit by pork," she said. "There are some interpreters who suggest that Muslims should eat pork rather than starve, if faced with that alternative."

Northern Idaho, known for spuds and as a scenic bastion of prejudice, racial bigotry and gun enthusiasts, is likely to provide a rich source of customers ready to purchase the pork-laced bullets: a few inventive hate-mongers will likely copy the idea and load some "bacon-bullets" of their own design.

Jihawg ammo has plenty of supporters. More than 4,300 people have already liked it on Facebook. One fan, Ted of California, said he planned to buy 500 rounds. Another, Jeffrey, said he hoped someone would smuggle the bullets into U.S. military troops." The Daily Has, in a compendium of comments of reader responses to the headlines, published, "Get that? If you use their product you will only keep a Muslim out of Paradise if they are on Jihad. So don't go killin em jest cuz yer mad at em, cuz they'll go ta Paradise. What was the other quote I was reminded of when I read this story? 'Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public'. – H. L. Mencken"
???  ??

Jason78

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"I don't really blame muslims for not allowing people to eat bacon. They have a few thousand years on us in terms of culture age. I think they are just worried about cholesterol.

British culture goes back thousands of years.  Not the few hundred that muslims have.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Jason78

Quote from: "Jmpty"South Fork Industries marketing campaign panders to the ignorance and blind bigotry of a customer base of those that harbor hatered for a culture they do not understand

Churches aren't going to like South Fork Industries trying to get in on their racket.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"I don't really blame muslims for not allowing people to eat bacon. They have a few thousand years on us in terms of culture age. I think they are just worried about cholesterol.

British culture goes back thousands of years.  Not the few hundred that muslims have.

Depends what you call 'British culture'.... Unpacking that term is quite interesting, given the amount of times Britain has been invaded and settled over the years, as well as what we have nicked from around the world. We have German/Greek royalty and our national dish is now chicken tikka masala, according to some sources.   :lol:

Cheerful Charlie

Quote from: "stromboli"We should develop a machine gun that shoots bacon bullets. Getting porkified would terrorize them off the battlefield. Friendly fire, on the other hand, would be brunch.

http://www.jihawg.com/

Pork infused bullets.  Especially made to dispatch Islamic terrorists.

Cheerful Charlie
Cheerful  Charlie

LikelyToBreak

I think this may be a case where they were looking for an excuse not to hire someone.  We had a human resources person who would accidentally loose applications for employment, except for those with Hispanic names.  She was let go because of it.  I suspect this is a similar situation, where they can say they try to hire non-Muslims, but they can't find any who are bigoted against Muslims.  If the company has to answer to the government in showing that they are nondiscriminatory, then this may be seen as a legal excuse.  But, I don't know if they have laws like that in the UK.

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"I think this may be a case where they were looking for an excuse not to hire someone. We had a human resources person who would accidentally loose applications for employment, except for those with Hispanic names. She was let go because of it. I suspect this is a similar situation, where they can say they try to hire non-Muslims, but they can't find any who are bigoted against Muslims. If the company has to answer to the government in showing that they are nondiscriminatory, then this may be seen as a legal excuse. But, I don't know if they have laws like that in the UK.

Tempted to agree with you.

And also you're right, there is legislation in the UK to ensure equal opportunities in the hiring process.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/18/contents

Several Amendments in other legislations since.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!