News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The bacon sandwich saga

Started by pr126, June 15, 2013, 02:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Contractor loses out on his 'dream' £1,000-a-week IT role after unwittingly saying he would treat his Muslim recruiter to a bacon sandwich
QuoteMr Hunt, from Heywood, Greater Manchester, said he wasn't aware he had offended Sharika Sacranie, 29, during a meeting at the firm's city centre office until he received a phone call from a senior manager.

Mr Hunt said: 'After we shook hands she said that she would come over to meet me on site with the other contractors and take us for breakfast.

'My parting words to her were "I will buy the bacon sandwiches".

Oops, bacon sandwiches. How could you. You racist bigot, you.
Just offended 1.6 billion Muslims.

A hate crime! Lock 'em up!

stromboli

I understand their thinking. Because once you've had bacon, there's no going back.  [-X

wolf39us

How incredibly inappropriate to bring religion into business

Colanth

Some Muslims would be bringing business into religion, since life and religion are the same thing for them.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

stromboli

We should develop a machine gun that shoots bacon bullets. Getting porkified would terrorize them off the battlefield. Friendly fire, on the other hand, would be brunch.

NeoLogic26

Assuming this guy was not trying to be offensive (and I tend to agree with that assessment), what kind of lesson are people hoping this guy will take away from this? Was he supposed to assume that a Middle Eastern-looking person was a Muslim and not mention bacon? Is that kind of profiling what these idiots want?

As an aside, in England, is a bacon sandwich a common breakfast item? If not, then it might lend credence to the argument that he was trying to insult someone who he thought might be a Muslim.
"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Brian37

Quote from: "stromboli"I understand their thinking. Because once you've had bacon, there's no going back.  [-X

I hate Penn's economic positions, but in his book he describes a former Jew having their first bacon cheeseburger with him after a show. Life without bacon is the only real hell there is.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "NeoLogic26"As an aside, in England, is a bacon sandwich a common breakfast item? If not, then it might lend credence to the argument that he was trying to insult someone who he thought might be a Muslim.

A healthy English breakfast has eggs, sausage, mushroom, cooked tomatoes, toast, coffe or tea, and yes, bacon.OTOH, bacon sandwich are rather greasy, but yummy.

Brian37

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"
Quote from: "NeoLogic26"As an aside, in England, is a bacon sandwich a common breakfast item? If not, then it might lend credence to the argument that he was trying to insult someone who he thought might be a Muslim.

A healthy English breakfast has eggs, sausage, mushroom, cooked tomatoes, toast, coffe or tea, and yes, bacon.OTOH, bacon sandwich are rather greasy, but yummy.

You lost me at mushrooms.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Satt

Quote from: "stromboli"We should develop a machine gun that shoots bacon bullets. Getting porkified would terrorize them off the battlefield. Friendly fire, on the other hand, would be brunch.

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

Jason78

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"

How could you leave out black pudding?

How could you?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

_Xenu_

Quote from: "stromboli"We should develop a machine gun that shoots bacon bullets. Getting porkified would terrorize them off the battlefield. Friendly fire, on the other hand, would be brunch.
This has actually been done before, they just soak the bullets in bacon grease.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

WitchSabrina

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

PickelledEggs

I don't really blame muslims for not allowing people to eat bacon. They have a few thousand years on us in terms of culture age. I think they are just worried about cholesterol.

....... Although bacon is so good and tasty that I do sort of not like how they deprive people of the "slices of bliss" that is bacon.

aitm

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"I don't really blame muslims for not allowing people to eat bacon. They have a few thousand years on us in terms of culture age.  

:-k
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust