News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I Had A Dream Last Night

Started by Cavebear, December 18, 2017, 01:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Al Gore was elected President in 2000.  When 9-11 happened, we went to Interpol, not war.  Osama Bin Laden was found, captured and tried.  He was sentenced to lifetime sentences.

Meanwhile, Gore spent his political influence to rebuild the nation's infrastructure.  The US matched other nations in rapid rail movement, internet accessibility, and renewed manufacturing due to port improvements and transit.

In the last year of his administration (2008) he worked with Congress "bipartisanshiply" (as Senator Bush put it) to reduce taxes on the lower and middle classes and reduced corporate taxes to 20% while eliminating loopholes.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was elected President in 2008 with Vice President Obama.  With Mitt Romney as Treasurer and Ami Bera as Secretary of HHS, "ClintonCare" (aka The American Care Act) was passed encouraging but not requiring enrollment.  Senate Leader Schumer worked hard to bring some Republican members into the final wording of the bill.  Some additional allowances for business were required.

In the House, Speaker Hoyer pressed the members to support the bill "as is" and gained passage with some favors to northern Republicans.  All 3.

In 2016, the CIA and FBI both independently found evidence of Russian interference in social media and newspaper advertisements, leading to the prosecutions of some lobbyists associated with Donald Trump.  Mr Trump was sentenced to 2 years (effectively 6 months for "good behavior").  Secretary of State John McCain negotiated a cease fire with North Korea saying "One Great Leader and one small bald guy talked it out".  North Korea got food and trade; the US got "peace this century'. 

In 2020, Mitt Romney was elected President mostly after 16 years of Democrats in the Presidency.  His first act was to lower the corporate tax rate 5% and promising to continue "The Grand Old Party" tradition of "looking out for the small businessmen".  After questions by media types on CNN and MSNBC, he changed that "small businesspeople". 

Romney rode the stock market DOW increase to 30,000 and was re-elected in 2024 with former Supreme Court Justice Elizabeth Warren as VP.

And it got a bit fuzzy after that...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Not bad, as a fantasy.  Wish you a parallel universe all your own.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 18, 2017, 10:47:50 PM
Not bad, as a fantasy.  Wish you a parallel universe all your own.

Sometimes dreams beat reality.  Almost anything (and I stress "almost") is better than Trump...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!