News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Happy Christmas!

Started by pr126, December 18, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Thank you, but Christmas isn't my holiday.  I decorated the outline of my house in Solstice blue lights, put a wreath on the door, and stopped at that. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Cavebear

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on December 18, 2017, 08:49:13 AM

Love that picture--the cat has my expression this time of year.

My fav Christmas movie is The Grinch with Jim Carrey--except I'd edit out the last 20 min.  When the Grinch gets the toys back to his cave--perfect ending!!  :neener:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 18, 2017, 09:35:10 AM
Love that picture--the cat has my expression this time of year.

My fav Christmas movie is The Grinch with Jim Carrey--except I'd edit out the last 20 min.  When the Grinch gets the toys back to his cave--perfect ending!!  :neener:

Can't watch that movie.  Well, I hate Carrey, but aside from that, I know the animated version too well. Of course, had the movie come first, I'd probably love it.  Life is weird like that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2017, 11:47:08 AM
Can't watch that movie.  Well, I hate Carrey, but aside from that, I know the animated version too well. Of course, had the movie come first, I'd probably love it.  Life is weird like that.
Oh, I was being just a bit facetious.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 18, 2017, 02:41:02 PM
Oh, I was being just a bit facetious.

And you're good...

But haven't you ever seen a listing for some remake and said "NO" I'm not going there?  It took me 3 years to accept ST:TNG.  What if they remade Bonanza?  Or The honeymooners?  Oh wait, they did, didn't they?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2017, 02:46:59 PM
And you're good...

But haven't you ever seen a listing for some remake and said "NO" I'm not going there?  It took me 3 years to accept ST:TNG.  What if they remade Bonanza?  Or The honeymooners?  Oh wait, they did, didn't they?
I'm with you on that.  Not fond of remakes.  And nobody does the Grinch as well as Boris Karloff.  But while teaching, I would often say Bah Humbug when someone said 'Merry Christmas' to me.  And I'd show the Carrey Grinch movies and actually turn it off 20 minutes before the official ending.  Then say something like--That is a perfect Christmas movie! 

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 18, 2017, 05:18:11 PM
I'm with you on that.  Not fond of remakes.  And nobody does the Grinch as well as Boris Karloff.  But while teaching, I would often say Bah Humbug when someone said 'Merry Christmas' to me.  And I'd show the Carrey Grinch movies and actually turn it off 20 minutes before the official ending.  Then say something like--That is a perfect Christmas movie!

Like the turning off of the remake before the ending!  Causes some to look for the end and the original.  Nice!

Draconic Aiur

Celebrate Christmas with Final Fantasy 8