News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Joyner Lucas - I'm Not Racist

Started by Shiranu, December 16, 2017, 05:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

There are some problematic parts to it, but christ... this song is fucking fire & relevant. Not even just about race either, but social status and economic status as well (which is obviously heavily tied to race, but not always).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Stereotyped ... but a lot of people feel that way.  The African-Americans I know are first rate ... not homies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on December 16, 2017, 05:24:57 PM

There are some problematic parts to it, but christ... this song is fucking fire & relevant. Not even just about race either, but social status and economic status as well (which is obviously heavily tied to race, but not always).

He's a racist.  Racists don't think they are, but they are.  They think they a saying the "truth" but they aren't.  I've known too many people like that.   They are racists whether they understand it or not.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

"I'm not racist, but..." The words spoken by every racist ever. If it were up to the person in question to decide whether or not they were racist, no one would be racist. Everyone is quite familar with the white Republican racist's side of the story. It's the side of willful ignorance and xenophobia.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2017, 06:02:55 AM
He's a racist.  Racists don't think they are, but they are.  They think they a saying the "truth" but they aren't.  I've known too many people like that.   They are racists whether they understand it or not.

That's the whole point of the song.

Just to clarify, it's not actually the guy in the video singing. He is the actor for the rappers story.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on December 18, 2017, 01:49:09 PM
That's the whole point of the song.

Just to clarify, it's not actually the guy in the video singing. He is the actor for the rappers story.

You mean like Millie Vanillie?  Or whatever.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2017, 06:02:55 AM

Nah. 99% of racists are open about it.

I've met real racists. Lots of them. They will tell you what they are. They're proud of it.

The idea that racism is a subtle thing, and that people hold it without even being aware of it, is a lie pedaled by regressive retards. It works like original sin; almost every white person is racist, and their racism is so subtle that it's even unknown to them - or maybe they're even racist by default, by basis of being born white - and to alleviate the sin of racism, you sell them regressive leftist ideology. If they're a good regressive and repent, it's all better - now they can have a clear conscious.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 18, 2017, 02:34:46 PM

I've met real racists. Lots of them. They will tell you what they are. They're proud of it.

The idea that racism is a subtle thing, and that people hold it without even being aware of it, is a lie pedaled by regressive retards. It works like original sin; almost every white person is racist, and their racism is so subtle that it's even unknown to them - or maybe they're even racist by default, by basis of being born white - and to alleviate the sin of racism, you sell them regressive leftist ideology. If they're a good regressive and repent, it's all better - now they can have a clear conscious.

Oh gee thanks.  I'm a "regressive retard"?  Because I think a lot of people are casually racist and don't know it?  You have some serious learning experiences coming over the next few decades...

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2017, 02:39:32 PM
Oh gee thanks.  I'm a "regressive retard"?  Because I think a lot of people are casually racist and don't know it?

Yes.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 18, 2017, 02:41:49 PM
Yes.

So, is it that few people are actually racist?  Or is it racists never admit it?

Are there racists at all?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 18, 2017, 02:34:46 PM

Bullshit. Even KKK members don't idetify as racists. You don't have to acknowledge your racism to be racist. That's stupid.
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 18, 2017, 03:47:25 PM
Bullshit. Even KKK members don't idetify as racists. You don't have to acknowledge your racism to be racist. That's stupid.

My point perzactly.  LOL!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2017, 03:57:51 PM
My point perzactly.  LOL!

Perhaps I'm taking Gilgamesh too seriously. Anyone who reduces all opposition as SJW "retards" and who's caliber of argument is "yes" isn't worth the effort.
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 18, 2017, 04:55:42 PM
Perhaps I'm taking Gilgamesh too seriously. Anyone who reduces all opposition as "SJWs" and who's caliber of argument is "yes" isn't worth the effort.

Congratulations.  I KNEW you had potential.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 18, 2017, 04:55:42 PM
Perhaps I'm taking Gilgamesh too seriously. Anyone who reduces all opposition as SJW "retards" and who's caliber of argument is "yes" isn't worth the effort.

Certainly not all people who I consider in opposition to myself are SJW retards. I never even hinted at that.

Also, and certainly, 'yes' in not an argument. I never even hinted at that, either.

QuoteBullshit. Even KKK members don't idetify as racists. You don't have to acknowledge your racism to be racist. That's stupid.

What do you mean bullshit? I never said acknowledgement is necessary to be racist.

Literally every contention you have with me is a contention with something I never said. You most definitely have a learning disability.