Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Snowflakes Being Triggered

Started by Shiranu, December 15, 2017, 09:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on December 19, 2017, 09:29:47 AM
Or so you are told.
But aside from all that, do you think Hillary would have been a better POTUS?

(I am not an American)
How could she have been worse????

So, I've been told?  I have checked many sources and they all agree on the vote count.  No, I don't think there is or was any conspiracy to get the vote count wrong. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Or so you are told.

(I am not an American)

About 60% of Americans voted, and 3 million more who did vote... voted Democrat over Republican. So how in all sweet fuck can you say that 50% of Americans voted Republican?

And the fuck is "...or so you are told" suppose to mean?

Can for once, can you just shut the fuck up about American politics and culture, when you have proven time and time again you know literally jack shit about us? Que chingados, guey...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 19, 2017, 09:18:57 AM
Actually, 3 million more voted for Clinton than trump.  The Electoral College fucked us.

Not the first time.  But then I wouldn't allow millions of Americans to vote, if any at all.  The Electoral College is a moot point.  Instead of having a charade of an election, I would put the military in charge.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2017, 06:36:16 PM
Not the first time.  But then I wouldn't allow millions of Americans to vote, if any at all.  The Electoral College is a moot point.  Instead of having a charade of an election, I would put the military in charge.
The Electoral College is not a moot point.  It is the only point.  The Repubs have managed to gerrymander that, as well as the states.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Feral Atheist

Or so you are told.

(I am not an American)
If there ever was a "choice between two evils", this was it.
In dog beers I've only had one.

Baruch

Quote from: Feral Atheist on December 19, 2017, 09:49:07 PM
If there ever was a "choice between two evils", this was it.

Al Gore was also part of a political dynasty.  So I am not sure of the 2000 election.  John Kerry was part of the plutocracy.  So were those elections vs George W any better?  Control of the narrative, including control of any viable candidates ... is not new to 2016.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 19, 2017, 08:16:56 PM
The Electoral College is not a moot point.  It is the only point.  The Repubs have managed to gerrymander that, as well as the states.

So who, other than the Pope ... will decide the precincts?  Any decision by man ... is partisan.  And D folks define the D position, as the non-partisan position!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 20, 2017, 01:41:46 AM
So who, other than the Pope ... will decide the precincts?  Any decision by man ... is partisan.  And D folks define the D position, as the non-partisan position!

No.  Actually you are ignoring the fact that there ARE people of honorably analytical nature.  Judges are trained in such impartiality (some of them anyway.  And as strange as it may seem, professional analysts would do that fairly. 

I would too.  And I would like to.  The challenge of creating fair districts appeals to me.  The question would be whether the directive was to create balanced districts for competitive elections or if the districts should be to creat the most geograghically compact districts. 

I could go either way.  Anything so long as the districts are not politically constructed.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2017, 03:19:54 AM
No.  Actually you are ignoring the fact that there ARE people of honorably analytical nature.  Judges are trained in such impartiality (some of them anyway.  And as strange as it may seem, professional analysts would do that fairly. 

I would too.  And I would like to.  The challenge of creating fair districts appeals to me.  The question would be whether the directive was to create balanced districts for competitive elections or if the districts should be to creat the most geograghically compact districts. 

I could go either way.  Anything so long as the districts are not politically constructed.

Bullshit.  I know even here, on this board, you want to be the Kilo Ren figure.  Just give me absolute power, and I will make the DMV work like Clockwork Orange - Mussolini.  Human beings are political animals - Aristotle
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2017, 08:45:01 AM
Bullshit.  I know even here, on this board, you want to be the Kilo Ren figure.  Just give me absolute power, and I will make the DMV work like Clockwork Orange - Mussolini.  Human beings are political animals - Aristotle

No Bullshit, and understand THIS!  I am too straightforward and analytical. I did my job in the Gummint for 30 years telling managers when they were wrong (and right) and I paid for it with lost promotions.  I made a job based on reality and eventually was appreciated. 

"Just the facts, please sir"...

Baruch

You are a Vulcan trapped in the body of a Klingon?  What a mess!  No wonder, as a protected minority, you are so D-arty ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2017, 01:43:07 PM
You are a Vulcan trapped in the body of a Klingon?  What a mess!  No wonder, as a protected minority, you are so D-arty ;-)

Never said that, and that is too typical of you.  I merely said that, given a rational request such as fair re-districting, I would act on it rationally and without intent to give advantage.  Given a factual question, I reply factually.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2017, 02:15:37 PM
Never said that, and that is too typical of you.  I merely said that, given a rational request such as fair re-districting, I would act on it rationally and without intent to give advantage.  Given a factual question, I reply factually.

You are inhuman then.  Nobody is non-partisan, least of all you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: fencerider on December 16, 2017, 03:04:42 AM
damm Trump is a narcicist!!! has to change vocabulary so he can feel good about himself. The old coot also told the National Park Service to never say anything about global warming.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mermaid

Or so you are told.

(I am not an American)

YES
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR