News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Doug Jones Wins!

Started by Hydra009, December 12, 2017, 11:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 13, 2017, 01:34:01 PM
I read that some people felt giving a Senate seat to a Democrat and someone who is pro-choice is worse than someone who is a member of their tribe but accused of sexually inappropriate behavior-- better a flawed friend than an enemy.
That's definitely another important factor to consider...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 13, 2017, 12:38:35 PM
Yes, I deny that QT says that reality is consistent (it isn't).  Consistency in physics was on the ropes with RT already.  Don't even ask about QFT (aka QT with RT).

I will stubbornly deny reductionism in general, and rationality in general.  Things are empirical, but not consistent.
So, you think things are consistent in their inconsistency?  Okay.  I say everything is consistent, except those things that change.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

QuoteNo, you folks won't light torches and grab pitchforks .. if it is your own perverts.

This is actually true, if you ignore the democratic politicians who resigned (or were asked to resign by the party and the voters), the more liberal minded t.v. hosts and comedians who were fired for their sexual misdeeds, etc. .

I'm sorry, but democrats have been turning on their own who violate their sense of right and wrong for decades. Republicans? It happens, but only if you twist their arm rally, really tightly. And then they will elect trump to get revenge.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on December 13, 2017, 12:34:53 PM
D's support their candidates, even if they shoot babies in the streets (Jones supports abortion, just sayin').
So...not forcing women to carry every pregnancy to term is the same thing as infanticide?  Dafuq?

I'm curious, do you have the slightest inkling as to when in development abortions typically occur or why a woman might seek an abortion?

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 13, 2017, 04:15:08 PM
This is actually true, if you ignore the democratic politicians who resigned (or were asked to resign by the party and the voters), the more liberal minded t.v. hosts and comedians who were fired for their sexual misdeeds, etc. .

I'm sorry, but democrats have been turning on their own who violate their sense of right and wrong for decades. Republicans? It happens, but only if you twist their arm rally, really tightly. And then they will elect trump to get revenge.

I welcome the self hate of the Ds and Rs ... they have much to hate.  New England Puritans ... and auto-da-fe?  Yes, we have seen this libtard show before, in 1680.  Too bad the Ds weren't doing this in 1996.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 13, 2017, 01:59:57 PM
So, you think things are consistent in their inconsistency?  Okay.  I say everything is consistent, except those things that change.

You proved my point.  If things are chaotic, then no, they are inconsistent in their inconsistency.  There are no sentient species on this planet ... sentience is impossible in the chaos.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 13, 2017, 01:07:04 PM
I wonder if things would have been different for Bill Clinton or Donald Trump if their elections happened after #metoo. Given that Trump was recorded saying “You have to treat [women] like shit” and  "You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful â€" I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything... Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything" I wonder if it would make a difference. It's weird to me that so many Christians believe Trump represents their values. I hope #metoo reflects a cultural shift in acceptable behavior and not a passing fad.

Yes, in the future, all men will be castrated by Amazons ... go Amazon.com!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 13, 2017, 01:34:01 PM
I read that some people felt giving a Senate seat to a Democrat and someone who is pro-choice is worse than someone who is a member of their tribe but accused of sexually inappropriate behavior-- better a flawed friend than an enemy.

Ds as defined by California .. are enemy.  That is why we will give California to China, as a chew toy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 13, 2017, 08:31:03 PM
You proved my point. 
Really?  Damn, you are just so sharp I just cannot slip anything by you can I???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 13, 2017, 08:49:54 PM
Really?  Damn, you are just so sharp I just cannot slip anything by you can I???
his point is so pointless that he can apply it to basically anything...

Blackleaf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 13, 2017, 01:07:04 PMIt's weird to me that so many Christians believe Trump represents their values.

Have you read the Bible? I'd say xenophobic, lying, hypocritical, sexual assaulter Trump represents Biblical values quite well.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 13, 2017, 08:49:54 PM

I'm so sharp, I cut myself accidentally, all the time ;-)  Don't run with scissors.  And don't run with Baruch ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 13, 2017, 07:10:12 AM
Joe Biden is well known to be creepy around young girls too, and not decades ago. 

Is there evidence of that claim?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 13, 2017, 09:13:01 PM
his point is so pointless that he can apply it to basically anything...

Usually kitchen knives are like that ... but not razors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 15, 2017, 03:39:13 AM
Is there evidence of that claim?

I saw a video recently .. with him at a public shin-dig ... and how people commented on how he physically gestured to the little girl next to him, and what he said to her.  Creepy (in today's social climate).  Of course you feel perfectly qualified to vouch for the appropriateness of any behavior he might make, because you know him personally.  This is why you know for sure what Judge Moore may have done decades ago (but I agree, Judge Moore is creepy in other ways right now).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.