Author Topic: Doug Jones Wins!  (Read 4354 times)

Offline SGOS

Re: Doug Jones Wins!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 08:10:50 AM »
Some guy on NPR yesterday said Alabama's politics have historically revolved around race, still do, and always will.  I think it was partially in jest, because everyone in the discussion was laughing at it.

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 08:46:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You have been in a state of denial, the whole time I have known you ;-)
Likewise, Baruch.  Birds of a feather..........................??
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Online trdsf

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 10:38:47 AM »
Alabama law requires it to be within half a percentage point for a recount, so nope.
That's for an automatic recount; either candidate may request one.
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 10:57:25 AM »
The voter demographic is very telling.
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.

John F. Kennedy

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 11:21:41 AM »
The voter demographic is very telling.
It seems that most of the stupid people in this country are white.  I am thankful that that portion of the population is becoming smaller and smaller. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 11:37:25 AM »
Chalk up a point for human sanity. We could use a few more points on that side of the board.
I would say it was too close for comfort, to restore my faith in human sanity... but it is a relief he won
"Tell Pilate to release the files!!!" - Bill Hicks
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

Offline Mermaid

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 11:59:01 AM »
I would say it was too close for comfort, to restore my faith in human sanity... but it is a relief he won

Exactly.
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.

John F. Kennedy

Offline Baruch

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 12:34:53 PM »
Claiming Biden is creepy isn't a good defense.  It's not even relevant.

D's support their candidates, even if they shoot babies in the streets (Jones supports abortion, just sayin').  R's are just like that, only opposite.  So why should I vote for candidates of either branch of the Psycho Party?

No, you folks won't light torches and grab pitchforks .. if it is your own perverts.

All other things being equal, I am not a voter in Alabama.  Don't care who Trump or Bannon endorses.  And Judge Moore had nutcase written all over him.
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline Baruch

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 12:38:35 PM »
Likewise, Baruch.  Birds of a feather..........................??

Yes, I deny that QT says that reality is consistent (it isn't).  Consistency in physics was on the ropes with RT already.  Don't even ask about QFT (aka QT with RT).

I will stubbornly deny reductionism in general, and rationality in general.  Things are empirical, but not consistent.
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€

Offline Baruch

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »
Some guy on NPR yesterday said Alabama's politics have historically revolved around race, still do, and always will.  I think it was partially in jest, because everyone in the discussion was laughing at it.

NPR ... isn't that the same as CNN? ;-)  And were they laughing at the audience, or with it?  I hardly think that Southern racism or anti-semitism is a laughing matter.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:42:13 PM by Baruch »

Offline Baruch

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 12:40:46 PM »
It seems that most of the stupid people in this country are white.  I am thankful that that portion of the population is becoming smaller and smaller.

You can always wear Black Face ;-)  Are you related to Al Jolson?

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2017, 01:07:04 PM »
D's support their candidates, even if they shoot babies in the streets (Jones supports abortion, just sayin').  R's are just like that, only opposite.  So why should I vote for candidates of either branch of the Psycho Party?

No, you folks won't light torches and grab pitchforks .. if it is your own perverts.

I wonder if things would have been different for Bill Clinton or Donald Trump if their elections happened after #metoo. Given that Trump was recorded saying β€œYou have to treat [women] like shit” and  "You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful β€” I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything... Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything" I wonder if it would make a difference. It's weird to me that so many Christians believe Trump represents their values. I hope #metoo reflects a cultural shift in acceptable behavior and not a passing fad.
β€œYou are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”

― Pema ChΓΆdrΓΆn

Online trdsf

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2017, 01:23:02 PM »
It says something about Alabama that 48.4% of voters were willing to be represented by an accused pedophile.
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »
It says something about Alabama that 48.4% of voters were willing to be represented by an accused pedophile.
Correct. Although some of that number consists of people that refuse to admit he is a pedophile

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

"Tell Pilate to release the files!!!" - Bill Hicks
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2017, 01:34:01 PM »
Correct. Although some of that number consists of people that refuse to admit he is a pedophile

I read that some people felt giving a Senate seat to a Democrat and someone who is pro-choice is worse than someone who is a member of their tribe but accused of sexually inappropriate behavior-- better a flawed friend than an enemy.
β€œYou are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”

― Pema ChΓΆdrΓΆn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk