Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Favorite Queen Song(s)?

Started by ƵenKlassen, December 12, 2017, 10:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 15, 2017, 05:21:51 PM
:bounce8:Yep--the very ones!

My parents liked him, when we lived in CA.  I liked his sound too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 16, 2017, 11:08:25 AM
My parents liked him, when we lived in CA.  I liked his sound too.
I followed music much more closely back in the day.  Liked (and still do) A Taste of Honey.  I went through a Mancini type phase--liked him (Baby Elephant Walk--Days of Wine and Roses) and even more 'like' to a guy named Hugo Winterhalter--orchestra instrumentals. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Luther Martini

I wasn't very familiar with Queen before I bought "A Night at the Opera" in a record store near Shinjuku Station in 1976.  I liked most of the songs on that album, and was thoroughly impressed with the creative versatility and talent of the band, and, of course, with Freddy's voice.  I still have that record, and although I purchased the album on CD some years later, I still like to spin the vinyl version now and then.  I wish that Freddy was still with us today.

Shiranu

Like most bands of the era, I think Queen reaches almost unholy levels of being overhyped. That said, Mercury's voice was really good, and that's not a statement of them being bad... just not god-tier like nostalgia makes them out to be. All power to people who like that sound though.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 15, 2017, 05:21:51 PM
:bounce8:Yep--the very ones!

There are times when all I want is a smooth professional instrumental sound...  Herb Alpert, Ventures, etc.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 14, 2017, 07:07:34 PM
My fav Queen song (We Are The Champions)--at least as it was used in the movie, A Knight's Tale.  :)
Yeah, it was OK in there, and I really enjoyed the movie. Whomever it was that played the arrogant French guy was very well cast, I thought.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 22, 2017, 04:17:18 PM
Yeah, it was OK in there, and I really enjoyed the movie. Whomever it was that played the arrogant French guy was very well cast, I thought.

It had interesting moments of modern pop and Medieval (the dance).  Here is the real thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCq-hEOKorI

From Knight's Tale ... historical to funky ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yygNdTxoHus
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' suits my love of love complicated pieces.  Loved Alice Cooper and Led Zepplin for the same reason.

GSOgymrat

This video explains Freddie Mercury's unique voice.

https://youtu.be/p3MjsrMNCbU

Draconic Aiur

Killer Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody, Fat Bottomed Girls, Another One Bites the Dust, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Somebody to Love, You're My Best Friend,

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 12, 2017, 11:45:20 PM
Well, then substitute Moody Blues for Iron Butterfly---but in order for you to have a truly full life you must google In a Gadda Da Vida and listen to the full 17 min. of it.  Pure pleasure!!
(Or how about another one you have never heard of--The Ventures)

Moody Blues, anything - Great
Iron Butterfly, Inna Gadda Da Vita, great (they sing)?
Ventures - My favorite music...

Simon&Garfunkle - Lyrics to love
Mamas&Paoas - Harmonics
Gary Puckett - Voice

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on January 24, 2018, 04:38:43 AM
Moody Blues, anything - Great
Iron Butterfly, Inna Gadda Da Vita, great (they sing)?
Ventures - My favorite music...

Simon&Garfunkle - Lyrics to love
Mamas&Paoas - Harmonics
Gary Puckett - Voice
Can't quibble with any of that!  And a few more goodies.........little known, We Five (You were on my mind--and they have been on my mind ever since),  Stephenwolf --all of them, and Pete Fountain for a change of pace.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 24, 2018, 09:35:58 AM
Can't quibble with any of that!  And a few more goodies.........little known, We Five (You were on my mind--and they have been on my mind ever since),  Stephenwolf --all of them, and Pete Fountain for a change of pace.

Thank you for Pete Fountain.  I had to look him up and was impressed.  Clarinet-Dude!