News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Favorite Queen Song(s)?

Started by ƵenKlassen, December 12, 2017, 10:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ƵenKlassen

I freakin' love Queen, since their music is genius. Songs like Bohemian Rhapsody or Innuendo are what made Queen awesome.

Here are a few of my favorite Queen songs:

Bohemian Rhapsody
I Want It All
Radio Ga Ga
Another One Bites The Dust
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Somebody To Love
Fat Bottomed Girls
We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions
Love Of My Life
Hammer To Fall
Don't Stop Me Now
I Want To Break Free
Save Me
Keep Yourself Alive
Innuendo
The Show Must Go On
A Kind Of Magic

And the list continues...

What are your favorite Queen songs?
You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.

Mike Cl

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on December 12, 2017, 10:05:42 PM
I freakin' love Queen, since their music is genius. Songs like Bohemian Rhapsody or Innuendo are what made Queen awesome.

Here are a few of my favorite Queen songs:

Bohemian Rhapsody
I Want It All
Radio Ga Ga
Another One Bites The Dust
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Somebody To Love
Fat Bottomed Girls
We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions
Love Of My Life
Hammer To Fall
Don't Stop Me Now
I Want To Break Free
Save Me
Keep Yourself Alive
Innuendo
The Show Must Go On
A Kind Of Magic

And the list continues...

What are your favorite Queen songs?
My favorite songs are actually sung by Iron Butterfly--or Pink Floyd.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 12, 2017, 10:36:16 PM
My favorite songs are actually sung by Iron Butterfly--or Pink Floyd.

Well, to be honest, I never heard of the band Iron Butterfly before.

As for Pink Floyd, I think they're a decent band, even though I only have one favorite song by them,
which is Another Brick in the Wall.

Mike Cl

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on December 12, 2017, 10:49:50 PM
Well, to be honest, I never heard of the band Iron Butterfly before.

As for Pink Floyd, I think they're a decent band, even though I only have one favorite song by them,
which is Another Brick in the Wall.

Well, then substitute Moody Blues for Iron Butterfly---but in order for you to have a truly full life you must google In a Gadda Da Vida and listen to the full 17 min. of it.  Pure pleasure!!
(Or how about another one you have never heard of--The Ventures)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 12, 2017, 11:45:20 PM
Well, then substitute Moody Blues for Iron Butterfly---but in order for you to have a truly full life you must google In a Gadda Da Vida and listen to the full 17 min. of it.  Pure pleasure!!

Okay, I just listened to the entire In a Gadda Da Vida song, and I must say that it is interesting, although I wouldn't add it to my
playlist.

I'll also check out some of The Ventures' songs too.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on December 13, 2017, 01:18:10 AM
Okay, I just listened to the entire In a Gadda Da Vida song, and I must say that it is interesting, although I wouldn't add it to my
playlist.

I'll also check out some of The Ventures' songs too.
Wow!  You listened--great! :))  The Ventures did not really sing--they were 3 guitars and a drummer; but they did end up with over 20 albums in the top 10 in their career.  They started as a surfer group, I think.  But I loved the guitar play--and for those who do like that sound Dwayne Eddy was fantastic.

GSOgymrat

I like all the ones you listed and I would add Under Pressure.

I diagnosed with AIDS a year after Freddie Mercury died. I was in graduate school at the time and my doctor told me I needed to quit school and go on disability. I chose not to quit and The Show Must Go On meant a lot to me at the time.

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 13, 2017, 10:04:17 AM
I like all the ones you listed and I would add Under Pressure.

I diagnosed with AIDS a year after Freddie Mercury died. I was in graduate school at the time and my doctor told me I needed to quit school and go on disability. I chose not to quit and The Show Must Go On meant a lot to me at the time.

Yep, Under Pressure is pretty awesome, in fact, I think it along with Back Chat were one of the few good songs from the 1982 album Hot Space...

Unbeliever

The only Queen song I don't care for is We Are the Champions, the rest are all pretty great.

Bohemian Rhapsody by far the best song - among the best of any songs ever.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 14, 2017, 06:22:33 PM
The only Queen song I don't care for is We Are the Champions, the rest are all pretty great.

Bohemian Rhapsody by far the best song - among the best of any songs ever.
My fav Queen song (We Are The Champions)--at least as it was used in the movie, A Knight's Tale.  :)

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 12, 2017, 11:45:20 PM

You are talking to a Ventures fan here!  And back in the days of tape, I had a longer version of the non lyrical Inna-Da-Gadda-Da-Vida by repeated recording...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on December 15, 2017, 03:21:20 AM
You are talking to a Ventures fan here!  And back in the days of tape, I had a longer version of the non lyrical Inna-Da-Gadda-Da-Vida by repeated recording...
For some reason I really liked guitar, back in the day.  I loved the Ventures version of Telstar and most of their surfer music (not a surfer myself) like Pipeline, Perfidia and Wipe Out.  Also liked Booker T and the MG's and Herb Alpert. 

Baruch

Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana Brass?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

:bounce8:
Quote from: Baruch on December 15, 2017, 12:50:46 PM
Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana Brass?
Yep--the very ones!