News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Opinions on Misotheists

Started by ƵenKlassen, December 12, 2017, 10:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 12, 2017, 11:37:00 AM
Most likely I'm splitting hairs.  I hate some fictional characters, like Mighty Mouse and Papa Smurf.  But I also realize they are not alive--I hate what they symbolize for me or the idea they seem to display.  So, yeah, splitting hairs.

I don't hate the same fictional characters as you do.  I think you are Gargamel.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on December 12, 2017, 11:54:01 AM
Yeah, I think I used to be a misotheist myself a few years ago. It was only until about 6 months ago that I became an atheist.

You are talking to The Misotheist ... and The Misanthrop also.  As an incarnation-ist ... I see them as of one piece ;-)

I have known theists, who have been hurt, and blame G-d for all their defects etc.  I take it to a metaphysical level.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on December 12, 2017, 10:45:23 AM
So, what is your opinion on misotheists?

I would say their hatred is well placed.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 12, 2017, 06:17:59 PM
Wow ... I hate a lot of the same fictional people.
You hate god--so there ya go.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 12, 2017, 12:21:15 PM
Why the change??

Because I realized that there is no god, and I was just wasting my time with this nonsensical hatred.
You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 12, 2017, 11:39:28 AM
Then they are like all theists--reasoning and rational thought is not something they do.

Well, not all but most. I mean, I think deists are rational thinkers.

Mike Cl

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on December 12, 2017, 07:55:56 PM
Because I realized that there is no god, and I was just wasting my time with this nonsensical hatred.
What lead you to that conclusion--that there is no god?  What changed for you that you no understand that god is not real?  Just curious--atheists reach that point from many different directions.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 12, 2017, 06:19:19 PM
I don't hate the same fictional characters as you do.  I think you are Gargamel.
I watched many cartoons on TV.  George of the Jungle, Beanie and Cecil,  Bullwinkle and Rocky, Heckle and Jeckle and on and on.  But the Smurfs, for some reason, are simply irritating.  So, I guess I can be Gargamel when I want to be irritating. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on December 12, 2017, 08:00:06 PM
What makes a deist a rational thinker?

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 12, 2017, 08:16:01 PM
What lead you to that conclusion--that there is no god?  What changed for you that you no understand that god is not real?  Just curious--atheists reach that point from many different directions.

Well, mainly research. I think what Stephen Hawking said about the creation of the universe was interesting...

From what I remember, Stephen Hawking claimed that the universe created itself...

ƵenKlassen

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 12, 2017, 08:20:18 PM
What makes a deist a rational thinker?

Well, they don't follow silly religions like: Christianity, Islam, and so on...

They also don't pray, since prayer is useless.

Mike Cl

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on December 12, 2017, 08:32:40 PM
Well, mainly research. I think what Stephen Hawking said about the creation of the universe was interesting...

From what I remember, Stephen Hawking claimed that the universe created itself...
Research is good.  Make sure it is well rounded.  What I mean is, research both sides of an issue.  For example, Richard Carrier and Robert M. Price have many good books dealing with the atheist/skeptic point of view religion.  On the other side, the theist side--well, it has been quite some time since I have done serious research and cannot remember any good writers of the theist side--but I'm sure the internet will provide you with some.  And then consider who are making the most sound arguments based on logic, critical thinking and facts. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on December 12, 2017, 08:36:13 PM
Well, they don't follow silly religions like: Christianity, Islam, and so on...

They also don't pray, since prayer is useless.
But they still believe in the supernatural--if not god then a god-like force.  I view it as the same as any other theist in that they believe in god.  I don't see the need to think there is any force outside of nature--there is no evidence for it.

Baruch

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on December 12, 2017, 08:00:06 PM

In Lurianic Kabbalah, G-d is a mad scientist who gets careless and blows himself up (like a certain scene in Rick & Morty).  The job of Kabbalists in that scheme, is to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

G-d made the Big Bang and then went on vacation?  Sounds a lot like the first part of Genesis ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: ƵenKlassen on December 12, 2017, 08:32:40 PM

Correct ... he has a weird, not accepted, belief in loop time.  Kind of like a bad episode of Star Trek-Next Gen that I keep trying to forget.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.