Main Menu

Bitcoin craze

Started by Sal1981, December 08, 2017, 09:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 11, 2017, 10:53:46 PM
To you it may be zero.

it's the same as any other currency.

Only to a bigger fool.  I won't be buying any Brooklyn bridge you might be selling sir.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on December 11, 2017, 10:59:02 PM
Only to a bigger fool.  I won't be buying any Brooklyn bridge you might be selling sir.
Your loss ;) ;) ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Cavebear

The last investors are ones who get screwed and Bitcoin is no exception. 

In fact, I am gradually getting out of the stock market.  A collapse is overdue...  Better to get out NEAR the top than after a crash.  Greedy people get burned every time.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on December 12, 2017, 12:14:37 AM
The last investors are ones who get screwed and Bitcoin is no exception. 

In fact, I am gradually getting out of the stock market.  A collapse is overdue...  Better to get out NEAR the top than after a crash.  Greedy people get burned every time.

This.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 12, 2017, 01:55:00 AM
Don't see what you meant...

Youthspeak, old bear ;-)  He was strongly agreeing with you, I think.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

FYI, I just looked at my cryptocurrency wallet. Between my litecoin and EOS, my money has more than quadrupled.

you will say I'm the fool, but you can call me whatever you want, you peasants.

Sal1981

It isn't a currency. It's an asset, at best.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 12, 2017, 02:10:09 PM
FYI, I just looked at my cryptocurrency wallet. Between my litecoin and EOS, my money has more than quadrupled.

you will say I'm the fool, but you can call me whatever you want, you peasants.

When you become king, more wealthy than Bill Gates, please F* him in the ass for me.  And make him thank you.

If your corner the market on rare Beanie-babies ... you are too late.  That craze ended already.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on December 12, 2017, 02:55:50 PM

Taking out insurance on other people's lives is an asset .. but only if they die.  A tulip mania is death.  That is why we speak English instead of Dutch ... the Dutch blew their chance.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Sal1981 on December 12, 2017, 02:55:50 PM
Well, it is a currency. I've bought items with it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Baruch

Well ... it is projected to be $100,000 per BitCoin soon.  If it goes to $trillion, you won't have anyone to buy from, because the US isn't civilized, like Biafra and Rwanda ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on December 12, 2017, 06:52:07 PM
Well ... it is projected to be $100,000 per BitCoin soon.  If it goes to $trillion, you won't have anyone to buy from, because the US isn't civilized, like Biafra and Rwanda ;-(
You can buy it in fractions. This comment alone of yours illustrates your lack of knowledge of the subject.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 11, 2017, 02:21:08 PM
Ive already doubled my money and ive only recently gotten in to crypto currencies, within a few months
o_O  If you doubled more than a dollar, I've gotta get in on this stuff.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 12, 2017, 07:41:29 PM
o_O  If you doubled more than a dollar, I've gotta get in on this stuff.
yes
I put $100 in on litecoin, about a month ago, when it was 45 per coin, it shot up to a little over 200 and then I traded 1 coin worth in to EOS, another coin that is relatively new, but based on very reliable software and shows good promise for $3.50 a coin each, so now i have 37 and change in EOS. EOS has since went to $5.38 and Litecoin has jumped to $321.

I made my $100 in to $520 since about 2 months ago. Basically by doing nothing.

Basically, what all these different coins are.... its a format war. Like how different media battles it out to see what the public decides on. Eventually we decided on VHS. Eventually, for the next generation, we decided on DVD... and so on. This is the same. It's a new format of currency.  Until recently, I was buying Steam games with my bitcoin. I traded some of my litecoin in to bitcoin and then used that to buy a steam game. I would have rather used Litecoin, but that is just me. My wallet, Exodus Wallet has a currency swap feature that lets you change the type of currency, so that makes it easy.

So yes. It's a legitimate currency. And yes, you can still get in to it and make money by investing in the correct one. Not bitcoin, because that time is past, but my advice is look at the newer ones. EOS is still pocket change to get in to, so that would be a safe bet, possibly. Litecoin is still a decent bet too, possibly. There are better people than me to talk to about this, but I can confirm that you can do it.