Author Topic: Proofs of God  (Read 201 times)

Offline sweetto (OP)

Proofs of God
« on: December 06, 2017, 06:54:53 PM »
Best explanation about Allah(God) existence with evidences and proofs 

Sent from my QMobile X35 using Tapatalk

Online Munch

Re: Proofs of God
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 07:33:52 PM »
wooooooow, that is such a fresh take on it, this is so new.

Offline SGOS

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 08:02:39 PM »
I wonder.  What do you suppose is the most commonly used fallacy as proof of God?

Online Baruch

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 08:41:44 PM »
No respect until you introduce yourself.  After that, you have to earn respect the hard way.
שלום

Online Munch

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 08:47:33 PM »
I wonder.  What do you suppose is the most commonly used fallacy as proof of God?

I'd guess its the one of 'since you weren't there at the start of the big bang, how can you prove god wasn't there to make it happen' one.

Offline SGOS

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 09:11:52 PM »
I'd guess its the one of 'since you weren't there at the start of the big bang, how can you prove god wasn't there to make it happen' one.
What would that be?  Perhaps the argument from ignorance:  "You don't know, so it must be from God" ??

Online Munch

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
What would that be?  Perhaps the argument from ignorance:  "You don't know, so it must be from God" ??

sounds about right. Which is also why the majority of scientists are atheist or agnostic, being the pursuit of science is to grow upon what it already knows.

Offline Sal1981

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 10:22:28 AM »
Argument from ignorance, just because I wasn't there to witness something, doesn't mean that something did or didn't happen.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" --- Richard P. Feynman

Offline pr126

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 10:34:29 AM »
Welcome to our Muslim poster. A rare honor indeed.

Don't scare him away, we need to learn the TRUTH.

Bring on the dawah!

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:39:33 AM by pr126 »
“True Ignorance is not the absence of knowledge but the refusal to acquire it.” - Karl Popper

Offline trdsf

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 10:43:06 AM »
Probably "You can't prove it wasn't, so it was!"
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

Offline SGOS

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 10:46:20 AM »
Argument from ignorance, just because I wasn't there to witness something, doesn't mean that something did or didn't happen.
I was trying to take Munch's example and identify the fallacy bag it comes from.  This example, like most theist reasoning, includes little twists and turns with bits of various fallacies that work in chorus that cause the argument to fail.  You are exactly right, however.  Just because a bit of reasoning doesn't fit well into a common fallacy, doesn't mean it passes logical scrutiny.

Offline SGOS

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 10:47:31 AM »
Probably "You can't prove it wasn't, so it was!"
That's the argument from ignorance, isn't it, or am I missing something?

Offline Sal1981

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 10:50:19 AM »
There's a plethora of arguments from ignorance. This one is basically about not witnessing something, therefore true/false.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" --- Richard P. Feynman

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 12:07:14 PM »
Just another drive-by-troll.  Typical, nothing special. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline trdsf

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »
That's the argument from ignorance, isn't it, or am I missing something?
And shifting the burden of proof.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief