What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on December 05, 2017, 09:23:24 PM
Poor Lurch...

Is being owned by beautiful women, all that bad?

Nothing new in this, it was part of the plot of Thesmophoriazusai ... a play by Euripides, 2400 years ago.  The joke was, the single old women got to pick men first ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

The future looks a lot like Rupaul's Drag Race.

Munch

Dunno, seems tame compared to what we have today. Today the women buying him would a screaming like howler monkeys to rip his balls off for being part of the patriarchy
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Baruch on December 06, 2017, 08:39:36 PM
Is being owned by beautiful women, all that bad?

I doubt someone owned by a violent beautiful woman is any better off than someone owned by a violent ugly man.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

SGOS

I believe I've seen every edition of the original Startrek series (if that is where this came from), but I can't remember this one.  It's been years since I watched the series, so I may have simply forgotten it.  It does seem like a Roddenberry script, which often touched on topics of current concern.  But if this is from Startrek, that would actually precede the women's movement by a few years.  Also, if this were produced today, I'm not sure if it would be considered politically correct or an affront to women.  This one doesn't quite capture the essence of feminism.  This isn't really what the women's movement was/is about, I don't think.  It was more just like a description of a screwball society.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 07, 2017, 11:05:01 AM
I believe I've seen every edition of the original Startrek series (if that is where this came from), but I can't remember this one.  It's been years since I watched the series, so I may have simply forgotten it.  It does seem like a Roddenberry script, which often touched on topics of current concern.  But if this is from Startrek, that would actually precede the women's movement by a few years.  Also, if this were produced today, I'm not sure if it would be considered politically correct or an affront to women.  This one doesn't quite capture the essence of feminism.  This isn't really what the women's movement was/is about, I don't think.  It was more just like a description of a screwball society.

Gene and Majel did more than one TV pilot.  This was one of the pilots that didn't fly.  John Saxon (one of the actors in the clip) had bad luck.  Majel's Earth: Final Conflict did well.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I recognized Lurch, and I knew the other guy looked familiar, but didn't quite get that it was John Saxon. Haven't seen him in that many shows or movies. I recall he was in Enter the Dragon, but otherwise I'd have to google him to know more.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 07, 2017, 02:12:45 PM
I recognized Lurch, and I knew the other guy looked familiar, but didn't quite get that it was John Saxon. Haven't seen him in that many shows or movies. I recall he was in Enter the Dragon, but otherwise I'd have to google him to know more.

This pilot was pretty obscure ... it doesn't even show up under "selected TV credits"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Saxon

He did a whole lot of work, just never got the starring role.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I had to wiki all the references.  And given the time frame, they should all have been familiar to me, a sci-fi watcher.

That none of them were familiar does not say much for them!  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!