News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Can't Relax? Try This Chair.

Started by SGOS, December 02, 2017, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I have no idea what sitting in this is like.  And I can't imagine it being that satisfying enough to warrant Costco's 2000 dollar price tag.  But I haven't tried it.  Not just an elevating foot rest, but one that envelopes each leg and soothes frazzled muscles from every angle, including the bottom of your feet.  It seems to have a built in view screen for gaming or catching stock reports.  It would be kind of embarrassing to have this in the living room and trying to explain to guests why you need it.  It reminds me of something Colonel Jack O'Neill would sit in to wreck havoc on the Goa'uld over the Antarctica.

Munch

tbh it looks to constricting, I need to be able to move my legs around to get comfortable after a long day standing up.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

I would like to try it--and a much bigger screen would be nice.  But the price...................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on December 02, 2017, 09:07:02 AM

I have no idea what sitting in this is like.  And I can't imagine it being that satisfying enough to warrant Costco's 2000 dollar price tag.
I have.  There was a very similar demo model at the mall.  It's fairly comfortable, but it's not nearly worth it, imo.

QuoteIt reminds me of something Colonel Jack O'Neill would sit in to wreck havoc on the Goa'uld over the Antarctica.
LOL.  My first thought as well.

Baruch

Some people would do anything for pain relief, including back pain.  It needs full mechanical massage, head to toe.  And a much bigger HD TV ;-)  If you had an AI chair like that, it might decide to eat you ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on December 02, 2017, 12:45:21 PM
Some people would do anything for pain relief, including back pain.  It needs full mechanical massage, head to toe.  And a much bigger HD TV ;-)  If you had an AI chair like that, it might decide to eat you ;-))
I was joking about the screen, or at least, I meant to.  In reality, I assume it's a fancy control panel.  I'm not sure why it must be so high tech, however.  How many settings to you need besides "high" and "low?"  OK, maybe you can vibrate your brain on low, and you're ass on high at the same time.  But REALLY!  Let's not get carried away.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 02, 2017, 01:11:22 PM
I was joking about the screen, or at least, I meant to.  In reality, I assume it's a fancy control panel.  I'm not sure why it must be so high tech, however.  How many settings to you need besides "high" and "low?"  OK, maybe you can vibrate your brain on low, and you're ass on high at the same time.  But REALLY!  Let's not get carried away.

No, have it voice controlled by Seri or Cortana.  But if it develops into Mudd's robotic wife, the shrill nagging from the chair will get rather annoying ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

For a second I thought you were gonna give me Busby's chair.

SGOS

AllPurposeAtheist

No interest in chairs that have garbage gadgets connected to them..pass..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Cavebear

I think I might go screaming mad (assuming that others don't think I am already there) in a chair like that.  The price isn't the problem.  The surrender to the chair is, LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

GSOgymrat

We have two of these in our break room at work and they are very comfortable. We are supposed to use it to help relax but the break room is loud and crowded with people cooking food, eating and talking. There are two chairs for a building full of people. I prefer to walk outside.

Cavebear

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 09, 2017, 09:25:46 AM
We have two of these in our break room at work and they are very comfortable. We are supposed to use it to help relax but the break room is loud and crowded with people cooking food, eating and talking. There are two chairs for a building full of people. I prefer to walk outside.

Walking is better than sitting,  I often ate lunch walking around the building.  And I may have been one of the early adapters to a raised desk at work.  Made it myself so I could stand part of the day.  Plywood stands for the computer and keyboard...

And soft shoes for the office...  My dress leather shoes were ruining my feet.  So I started wearing soft ones.  I got criticized at first (because the first soft shoes were ugly), but in a few years, everyone in the office was wearing decent walking shoes.

NewBalance owes me something, LOL!

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!