News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

AhHA! I missed my calling as a gazer

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, December 08, 2017, 05:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 12, 2017, 10:32:31 AM
A good gaze can't be too intense.  You're not really looking at anything.  You don't want to seem like you're paying close attention.  You're gazing, possibly while reminiscing about a special memory like last night's MacDonald's hamburger.  That's a good gaze.

Staring at other people is a form of aggression.  Animals interpret staring as a prelude to physical attack.  If the predator is a cat, and shuffles his rear end ... attack in immanent.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on December 12, 2017, 10:32:31 AM
A good gaze can't be too intense.  You're not really looking at anything.  You don't want to seem like you're paying close attention.  You're gazing, possibly while reminiscing about a special memory like last night's MacDonald's hamburger.  That's a good gaze.

The difference between gazing and staring can be quite important.  The antelope gazes out at the horizon; the cheetah stares at dinner. 

Oddly, an old memory.  I was in my 1st apartment with 4 other guys.  One guy was always hungry for pizza; another worked at a pizza place.  The first guy looked at pizza with longing; the other looked at one with jaded boredom. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!