U.S. to Recognize Jerusalem as the Israeli Capital

Started by Shiranu, December 05, 2017, 10:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poison Tree

Quote from: pr126 on December 08, 2017, 05:42:34 AM
Anwar Sadat got assassinated for making peace with Israel.
No mention of Yitzhak Rabin?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Cavebear

The Israeli Government maintains its governmental offices in West Jerusalem.  The US Ambassador says that for all practical purposes, his office is in Jerusalem.  So I think that, as a practical matter, the US embassy should probably be there.

BUT!  Trump gave the Israelis something they have been wanting for decades with out getting anything in return that the US wants (like stopping settlements).  And that from someone who considers himself a skilled negotiator? 

Great!  Now, aside from being a groper, a fraud, and a liar, he isn't even good at negotiating?  And we see that he isn't even good at firing people in real life (it seems to frighten him, so he just tries to ANNOY people into quitting).

Does he have ANY skill beyond demagoguery and deception?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Well we didn't show any particular enthusiasm for this at synagogue Friday night.  We expect persecution every day of every year.  But we had better than average attendance.  I think the general feeling that history is happening ... and my feeling about that is ... history results in lots of dead bodies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 09, 2017, 05:04:37 AM
Well we didn't show any particular enthusiasm for this at synagogue Friday night.  We expect persecution every day of every year.  But we had better than average attendance.  I think the general feeling that history is happening ... and my feeling about that is ... history results in lots of dead bodies.

Bloodless revolutions are a hallmark of internal democratic (small d) changes.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 09, 2017, 05:26:21 AM
Bloodless revolutions are a hallmark of internal democratic (small d) changes.

Left = bloodless revolutions are false revolutions, they make no impression without corpses.
Right = no revolutions at all, even bloodless elections have to be narrative controlled, so the right quislings are elected.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 09, 2017, 05:28:38 AM
Left = bloodless revolutions are false revolutions, they make no impression without corpses.
Right = no revolutions at all, even bloodless elections have to be narrative controlled, so the right quislings are elected.

A proper revolution should never be noticed.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 09, 2017, 05:53:16 AM
A proper revolution should never be noticed.

Only if you are on a revolving chair, and not too fast.

Or are you talking about spy operation that overthrows a State?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.