Should not vaccinating your child be a criminal offence?

Started by Coveny, November 29, 2017, 10:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Johan on December 08, 2017, 11:08:48 AM
So by your logic I guess we should do away with any laws that set a minimum age to buy and consume alcohol then.

Gilgamesh is clearly capitalist anarchist.  100 years ago, we had syndicalist anarchism.  Today we have capitalist anarchism.  One Left, the other Right, both anti-government.  The opening wedge?  I have a Right to do any damn think I want to.  But the Left has to do that in collectivist mode.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

chill98

Cavebear

The people who do not have their children vaccinated as engaging in a gamble the the group immunity of those who do will protect their own children.  When enough children are not vaccinated, and their children are sufferring serious infectious diseases as a result, I bet they will come screaming at the "Gummint" for a cure!  Or blame it for the disease.

We can get into a theory of why "government" exists here.  I think it exists to enforce broad social norms on things that are broadly agreed-upon.  While that seems circular, I mean that a majority of a social structure has a right to demand adherence to SOME rules.  In this case, vaccinations among the population generally aided by it physically.

Social disobedience for ethical reasons is a whole other kettle of fish. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!