Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell

Started by Baruch, January 25, 2018, 12:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

The fight against ideological possession ... in Cathy Newman's case, Animus Possession ...

IMHO Freud was actually secularizing exorcism technique used by contemporary Hasidic rabbis.

This interview with Jordan Peterson, actual journalism, not ideological ambush like Cathy Newman, covers the real issues ... from one depth psychology perspective ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qBxn_hFDQ&feature=youtu.be

The journalist summarizes ....
1. Centrality of the hero myth
2. Instrumentality of the logos
3. Orient to highest possible good
4. Make the right sacrifices ... the ability to bargain with the future
5. Cultivate your essence

I see much ideological possession among people posting here (we need counseling) and there is too much "gotcha" ala Cathy Newman.

The first 30 minutes are the fallout from affaire Newman, the rest a plug for his latest book, the intent of this journalist, to interview an interesting author.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

I'm currently watching it.

It's easy to be overcome by ideology, but it's also inescapable, because as soon as you make a model of the world, you're essentially constructing an ideology of the world based on that model. The game which ought to be played is being aware that you have an ideology and what that is, so you don't become, as you say and in this YT vid, animus possessed by it.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 25, 2018, 12:48:59 AM
The fight against ideological possession ... in Cathy Newman's case, Animus Possession ...

IMHO Freud was actually secularizing exorcism technique used by contemporary Hasidic rabbis.

This interview with Jordan Peterson, actual journalism, not ideological ambush like Cathy Newman, covers the real issues ... from one depth psychology perspective ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qBxn_hFDQ&feature=youtu.be

The journalist summarizes ....
1. Centrality of the hero myth
2. Instrumentality of the logos
3. Orient to highest possible good
4. Make the right sacrifices ... the ability to bargain with the future
5. Cultivate your essence

I see much ideological possession among people posting here (we need counseling) and there is too much "gotcha" ala Cathy Newman.

The first 30 minutes are the fallout from affaire Newman, the rest a plug for his latest book, the intent of this journalist, to interview an interesting author.

Campbell is fucking idiot.  Just a personal opinion of trying to listen to him for more than a few minutes without LMAO!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!