German Pro-Refugee Mayor Stabbed

Started by Shiranu, November 28, 2017, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteAndreas Hollstein, conservative mayor of Altena, was stabbed in the neck in a kebab shop and had hospital treatment.The town in North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) is well known for having accepted more than its quota of migrants.

"The security authorities believe that there was a political motive," said NRW premier Armin Laschet. The mayor is in Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU party.

Witnesses quoted by German media said the assailant - now in custody - shouted criticism of the mayor's asylum policy during the attack on Monday night.

In a tweet, Mrs Merkel condemned the attack (in German). "I am outraged by the knife attack on Mayor Andreas Hollstein, and very relieved that he is able to be back with his family. Thanks also to those who helped him," she said.

The poor performance of her Christian Democrats in the September general election has been attributed largely to criticism of her liberal immigration policy, summed up by her motto "we can manage".

She accepted more than a million asylum seekers - many of them Muslims - during Europe's 2015-2016 migrant crisis.
Altena - with about 17,000 residents - won a national award in May for integrating migrants. The town strives to house migrants in normal apartment blocks, rather than in migrant hostels, German ARD news reports.

Mr Hollstein, 57, told a news conference on Tuesday that the kebab shop owner - Demir Abdullah - and his son had overpowered the knifeman.

He thanked them and Mr Abdullah's wife, who had called the police. "I'm sure that if they hadn't reacted like that I wouldn't be alive now," he said, wearing a big plaster on his neck.

Just a lone radical, could have nothing to do with his bigoted ideology. Just ignore the fact this isn't even the first such attack.

#NotAllBigotedMorons
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quotethe kebab shop owner - Demir Abdullah - and his son had overpowered the knifeman.
Religion of Peace!  Wait...wrong news story.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

I wonder if PR's head will a-splode reading this.

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Munch

what is this suppose to prove exactly? You found a report about one crazy shitter who stabbed a political figure, we're meant to read something into that more then it just being a crazy shitter stabbing someone?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hakurei Reimu

I think the point was not that some crazy shitter stab some nameless political figure, but that political figure was a pro-refugee advocate, that the crazy shitter had political motivation for his attack, and that the refugee propriators of the shop this happened in not only wrestled down the knifeman but also called the police (thus putting lie to the notion that all muslims are cardboard cutouts wanting the infidels dead).
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

pr126

Read #NOTALLMUSLIMS.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on November 30, 2017, 07:32:57 AM
what is this suppose to prove exactly? You found a report about one crazy shitter who stabbed a political figure, we're meant to read something into that more then it just being a crazy shitter stabbing someone?

The usual suspects ... stereotyping doesn't make sense, but everyone does it.  Left or Right.  They just have different axes to grind, and different stereotypes.  I agree ... all Leftists are Stalin, all Rightists are Hitler.  Just say no to all politics ... it only leads to genocide.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on November 30, 2017, 09:50:35 AM
Read #NOTALLMUSLIMS.

To answer munch, there is your answer.

#NotAllBigotedMorons
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur