"Values Voters" Don't Actually Care About Values. Color Me Unsurprised.

Started by trdsf, November 27, 2017, 10:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 30, 2017, 07:13:41 PM
I have noticed that those who preach 'family values' or 'christian morality' don't have any values or morality.  Or none they can or want to stick to.
Their moral values seem more like values demanded of others.  It's a code handed down from a supreme being, and supposedly applies to all mankind.  That's the principle involved, but it's applied rather selectively, not necessarily by the supreme being himself, but by his minions.  For those who are pure evil, violating the code results in eternal death.  This applies to men and women of unalterable decadence, like Bill Clinton and JFK, and about any other democrat you can think of.  Those Democrats who do not violate the code outright, are thinking evil thoughts if they haven't gotten around to actually violating the codes yet.

Republicans respect the codes.  Admittedly, they violate them too, but they feel sorry about it, even if they deny it.  You can't blame a basically good person for denying an evil.  He denies because he wants to be good and wants the approval of others.  But Democrats always act out of wanton disregard.  On the other hand, when a parishioner's wife fucks the preacher's son, she is happy to repent and confess in a public show of contrition, which is the Christian thing to do.  So the next time she fucks the preacher's son, she does it on a clean slate, and her lust and wanton disregard never accumulates enough violations to rise to the level of pure evil.

Roy Moore is of the wanton disregard type, which is highly unusual for a Republican.  He does not confess, and shows no sign of guilt or shame, but he is basically a good man who can eventually be saved by the prayer of others.  He respects the 10 commandments enough to erect a monument to them in the public square, and like the rest of the codes, they apply to all mankind, except that reasonable exceptions can be made for him and the rest of the Christian guard that watches society and points out the true evil doers as is their duty.

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 30, 2017, 07:13:41 PM
I have noticed that those who preach 'family values' or 'christian morality' don't have any values or morality.  Or none they can or want to stick to.
Certainly any one of the people who've said they'd vote for Moore even if the allegations are proved beyond reasonable doubt are free to continue to call themselves christian if they like.

But they are not allowed to call themselves moral.  If they were in fact moral, they should be demanding their party get behind another candidate, a write-in, and leave Moore hanging rather than say they're perfectly satisfied being represented in Washington by a child molester.

I'd like to go so far as to say that if they were in fact moral, they would never have voted for creeps and cretins like Moore and Asshole in the first place, but I won't.  ;)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on December 01, 2017, 12:55:50 PM

I'd like to go so far as to say that if they were in fact moral, they would never have voted for creeps and cretins like Moore and Asshole in the first place, but I won't.  ;)

I'll go there.  Morality doesn't actually interest the far-right.  They gave that up years ago.  What they desire now is court-packing and elected officials (from dog-catcher on up) who support their religion, racism, and other various bigotries.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!