Author Topic: What trait do you think you most inherited from one of your ancestors and why?  (Read 163 times)

The only trait I know of that I inherited from any ancestors I may have had is this thing called life. Other than that, I'm a self-made man...
God Not Found
“Money supplants skill; it's possession allows us to become happily stupid.”
Bill McKibben, The Age of Missing Information

Offline Baruch

The only trait I know of that I inherited from any ancestors I may have had is this thing called life. Other than that, I'm a self-made man...

Individualists (sociopaths) think that ... at least that they are completely independent of contemporaries ... and for awhile, your parents were contemporaries .. and in a string back in time.  You were never alone, and never will be.  A leaf without the tree is compost.
שלום

Online Cavebear

Individualists (sociopaths) think that ... at least that they are completely independent of contemporaries ... and for awhile, your parents were contemporaries .. and in a string back in time.  You were never alone, and never will be.  A leaf without the tree is compost.

Being an individualist is not the same as being a sociopath.  You mistake "normalcy" as being "herd mentality". 

Regarding parents, in some ways, I am like them.  I'm close with money.  They grew up during The Great Depression and I was the eldest child.  They influenced me greatly.

But in the last decade, as they died (not "passed" - to stay solid to a previous point) I came to realize I was myself.  And MY money was not theirs.  Not like I'm going on a fancy travel cruise, but I think I may buy new furniture.  What I have is hand-me-downs and what I would like is some seriously solid oak furniture and a nice reclining chair.

I think I'll go shopping.

And let me say this.  Mom died in 2010, Dad in 2014, and it is just now occurring to me that I am no longer a "son".  I have no parents now.  Their lives are only in my memory...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!  b 1950