Flat Earther does rocket science

Started by Hydra009, November 21, 2017, 12:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 26, 2017, 05:01:53 AM
Well, he's not a conspiracy nut then, just an idiot who needed some funding from idiots for his idoticness.

There are people whose opinions can be bought with funding.  Lobbyists, politicians, and some TV hosts...  More usually on the Right, as the Left types seem to be more rational
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on November 26, 2017, 05:01:53 AM
Well, he's not a conspiracy nut then, just an idiot who needed some funding from idiots for his idoticness.
He presented himself as "live reality TV show", obviously trolling for sponsors.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Johan

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 24, 2017, 08:32:10 PM

TL;DR: Not necessarily pathological, just an ideology a hundred cognitive missteps in the making.
I'm still going with some sort of diagnosable pathology being involved. Not saying they're dangerous or bad people. Just that they a particular type of bad wiring which causes them to need to latch on to this bizarre belief.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Johan

As a side note. With the increasing amount of press this movement seems to be gaining, and with the seemingly limitless potential for douche bags to be, well douche bags, I'm waiting for the plastic surgery billboard we all know is coming. "The earth might be flat, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way... Saul Spiegelman Affordable Breast Enhancement"
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 26, 2017, 04:55:51 AM
The Civil Service is starting to fight back against the Orange Haired "Moron".

Spoils system.  Not just 4,500 political appointees.  Fire all the Democrats in government ;-)  They are Jefferson Davis/Karl Marx traitors ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Maybe he should just stick to the anti-gravity effects of cavity structures, like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V77S5R1C4yg
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Anti-gravity is easy according to Feynman ... it is called a chair.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 26, 2017, 11:37:45 AM
Spoils system.  Not just 4,500 political appointees.  Fire all the Democrats in government ;-)  They are Jefferson Davis/Karl Marx traitors ;-))

The political parties are not what they were originally.  The Republicans are no longer the party of Lincoln and the Democrats are no longer the party of the Southern Confederates.  They have slowly switched, though Nixon made the change politically successful.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2017, 04:07:45 AM
The political parties are not what they were originally.  The Republicans are no longer the party of Lincoln and the Democrats are no longer the party of the Southern Confederates.  They have slowly switched, though Nixon made the change politically successful.

Don't confuse the younger people with mere history ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 02, 2017, 08:03:35 AM
Don't confuse the younger people with mere history ;-)

Of course not.  You merely want YOU to confuse them.  I won't grant you Pacific Ave, North Carolina Ave, and Pennsylvania Ave.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 09, 2017, 06:23:07 AM
Of course not.  You merely want YOU to confuse them.  I won't grant you Pacific Ave, North Carolina Ave, and Pennsylvania Ave.

Smile, when you land on my hotel on Park Place!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 09, 2017, 09:58:09 AM
Smile, when you land on my hotel on Park Place!

Odds say the 4th street greens beat the blues with hotels.  Getting to the hotels is a separate matter...