News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Believe in Tesla and Volt?

Started by Baruch, November 20, 2017, 06:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on December 18, 2017, 04:21:15 PM
Sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling "LA LA LA LA LA!" is not going to change reality.

It is currently revolutionising transportation.   Hybrid vehicles are now ubiquitous.  We've already got fully electric vehicles on our streets.    As the technology improves they will get cheaper and more will appear.

Back when the motor car was first invented there were a lot of people like you that said it would never work and it would never catch on.    Now we rarely see a horse on the city streets unless it's a mounted police officer.

I have a 2005 Toyota Highlander.  Believe it or not, I only have 25K miles on it.  The SUV is just for towing a boat.

I no longer have the boat.

I am dithering betwee an electric or waiting for a fuel cell vecicle.  Keep in mind, dring an SUV only 2,000 miles per year is not much in gas, so I can wait. 

What sounds good to you for me? 

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on December 18, 2017, 04:21:15 PM
Sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling "LA LA LA LA LA!" is not going to change reality.

It is currently revolutionising transportation.   Hybrid vehicles are now ubiquitous.  We've already got fully electric vehicles on our streets.    As the technology improves they will get cheaper and more will appear.

Back when the motor car was first invented there were a lot of people like you that said it would never work and it would never catch on.    Now we rarely see a horse on the city streets unless it's a mounted police officer.

Marxist cars of the future, unite!  We have only to lose our tires!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2017, 04:29:26 PM
I have a 2005 Toyota Highlander.  Believe it or not, I only have 25K miles on it.  The SUV is just for towing a boat.

I no longer have the boat.

I am dithering betwee an electric or waiting for a fuel cell vecicle.  Keep in mind, dring an SUV only 2,000 miles per year is not much in gas, so I can wait. 

What sounds good to you for me? 

I'd wait to buy until you're going to need to new vehicle.   One of the advantages of the new hybrids and electrics in the UK is a vastly reduced tax bill.  Reduced or zero emissions means no vehicle tax, and no petrol or diesel means no fuel tax.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

SGOS

Quote from: Jason78 on December 19, 2017, 01:10:57 PM
I'd wait to buy until you're going to need to new vehicle.   One of the advantages of the new hybrids and electrics in the UK is a vastly reduced tax bill.  Reduced or zero emissions means no vehicle tax, and no petrol or diesel means no fuel tax.
Tax breaks to people who cut back on CO2 emissions?  That's un-American.  Well, we do it here too, but while that sounds practical, it's politically incorrect.  What is British Petroleum saying about this?  And the coal miners.  What about the coal miners?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 19, 2017, 02:29:54 PM
Tax breaks to people who cut back on CO2 emissions?  That's un-American.  Well, we do it here too, but while that sounds practical, it's politically incorrect.  What is British Petroleum saying about this?  And the coal miners.  What about the coal miners?

Tax incentives is yet another market distortion.  If it isn't for cash (no credit) at every stage and without any subsidy direct or indirect, then you don't know what you are paying for (short term or long term).  But that is the point, FUD on everything, to control the sheeple.

I would abolish credit and taxes.  If you want police protection, get your own gun and know how to use it.  Yes, sometimes I am like an anarchist.  I just want a government (head Mafia) to be in charge of the anarchy, and not abandon their responsibilities.  Society itself is anarchic ... it isn't just about being anti-government ... as I am pro-government.  Just pro-anarchy in private sector.  Pro-order in the public sector.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Quote from: SGOS on December 19, 2017, 02:29:54 PM

It's existing legislation mostly.  And BP Amoco plc has been an american concern for quite some time.   Margaret Thatcher made sure that we've got no coal mines, and therefore no coal miners to worry about.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2017, 06:42:16 PM
Tax incentives is yet another market distortion.  If it isn't for cash (no credit) at every stage and without any subsidy direct or indirect, then you don't know what you are paying for (short term or long term).  But that is the point, FUD on everything, to control the sheeple.

I would abolish credit and taxes.  If you want police protection, get your own gun and know how to use it.  Yes, sometimes I am like an anarchist.  I just want a government (head Mafia) to be in charge of the anarchy, and not abandon their responsibilities.  Society itself is anarchic ... it isn't just about being anti-government ... as I am pro-government.  Just pro-anarchy in private sector.  Pro-order in the public sector.

So who enforces the pro-order in the public sector in your dream-world?  The police you don't think you need?  The militia you imagine will enforce rules?  Oh but wait, who controls the militia?  That nutcase down the road with the AK-47s...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 04:24:36 AM
So who enforces the pro-order in the public sector in your dream-world?  The police you don't think you need?  The militia you imagine will enforce rules?  Oh but wait, who controls the militia?  That nutcase down the road with the AK-47s...

Make everyone into King Louis XIV ... "le etat ceste moi".  That is real democracy.  Can you think of anything more appropriate for individualism-mad Americans?

Yes, this is satire.  The last thing I want is freedom.  Only criminals want that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 23, 2017, 06:54:50 AM
Make everyone into King Louis XIV ... "le etat ceste moi".  That is real democracy.  Can you think of anything more appropriate for individualism-mad Americans?

Yes, this is satire.  The last thing I want is freedom.  Only criminals want that.

Yeah, I know the quote, DUH!  I have some education.  You just THINK you are the only one who got out of high school with passing grades, LOL! 

And that is NOT "real democracy".  Yes, I can think of many things more appropriate for Americans.  You just really don't LIKE democracy, do you?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 07:55:27 AM
Yeah, I know the quote, DUH!  I have some education.  You just THINK you are the only one who got out of high school with passing grades, LOL! 

And that is NOT "real democracy".  Yes, I can think of many things more appropriate for Americans.  You just really don't LIKE democracy, do you?

I don't like humans (collectively) same as you.  Only my misanthropy is more general, I don't limit it to Republicans.  And no, I hate the abortion of ancient and modern democracy (aka leadership by people who don't know what they are doing ... per Socrates).  There is no good solution, given ape people.  The problem with The Republic is that Guardians are shit-heads.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 23, 2017, 11:20:53 AM
I don't like humans (collectively) same as you.  Only my misanthropy is more general, I don't limit it to Republicans.  And no, I hate the abortion of ancient and modern democracy (aka leadership by people who don't know what they are doing ... per Socrates).  There is no good solution, given ape people.  The problem with The Republic is that Guardians are shit-heads.

So, is the John Birch Society too tame for you?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 01:04:47 PM
So, is the John Birch Society too tame for you?

John Birch Society was a little nuts, about anti-Communism.  Saw them under every bed, particularly in government.  Saw government employees who didn't think right, as a Fifth Column.  Turns out the real Fifth Column were the Clintons ... see how many Clinton/Obama friends have left, or are leaving the FBI and State Dept?  Like Whittaker Chambers, I bet the Clinton's exchanged secret notes on Halloween in hollowed out pumpkins.  Must have been a big pumpkin to hide Weiner's laptop of filth and treason.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 24, 2017, 01:31:12 AM
John Birch Society was a little nuts, about anti-Communism.  Saw them under every bed, particularly in government.  Saw government employees who didn't think right, as a Fifth Column.  Turns out the real Fifth Column were the Clintons ... see how many Clinton/Obama friends have left, or are leaving the FBI and State Dept?  Like Whittaker Chambers, I bet the Clinton's exchanged secret notes on Halloween in hollowed out pumpkins.  Must have been a big pumpkin to hide Weiner's laptop of filth and treason.

Oh call them now.  You'll fit right in.  You will hardly even know you weren't one of them from the start.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2017, 06:27:32 AM
Oh call them now.  You'll fit right in.  You will hardly even know you weren't one of them from the start.

You project your inner JBS and KKK ... you are White and male.  Shame forever for you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2017, 09:00:57 AM
You project your inner JBS and KKK ... you are White and male.  Shame forever for you.

LOL!  My opinions about the JBS and KKK can't be posted even here.  But I will consider wishing them an Early Christian Hell.  For a few minutes.  Even I can't be so cruel as most deities...