Like Ibn says, the origins of Islam isn't what is claimed ...

Started by Baruch, October 24, 2017, 10:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on November 23, 2017, 04:21:30 AM
It's always weird seeing incoherent religious babbling in text. I can understand it spoken, because its just random words and phrases mashed up and vomited out of someone's mouth, but when you go to that degree of incoherence in text, you just wonder, do they never proof read what they say to make it even somewhat legible?

Two thoughts ...

The person isn't a native English speaker

The person himself is incoherent, in any language

I try to be charitable, initially.  If they are in fact incoherent, I ignore them.  If they are coherent, but not a native English speaker (like Ibn) then I pay attention.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on November 23, 2017, 04:21:30 AM
It's always weird seeing incoherent religious babbling in text. I can understand it spoken, because its just random words and phrases mashed up and vomited out of someone's mouth, but when you go to that degree of incoherence in text, you just wonder, do they never proof read what they say to make it even somewhat legible?

Many people can't recall accurately what they hear spoken, so babbling sometimes gets past them.  It is harder to misunderstand text because the reader can keep going back to previous phrases. 

Which is why politicians prefer to speak rather than write...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!