Scepticism or Religion isn't what shapes our culture, memes does

Started by Agro, August 21, 2017, 05:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agro

Though to be a scientist you have to be sceptical. If anything history proves this. Depending on how one want to live with a sky person as a life guidance has been a thing of critical view. But then death comes, and the fence of god of abraham rises. So you are either a sith lord or a jedi?. This is called a fear meme factor.

In case of memes its every form of life. If i get most people to say gays are pathetic, they will agree.

If people says gays are moral guidance to living a good life, people would agree.

All are shepples of memes, there is no free will or mind if a small percent of the government can reach the masses.

As for what i personally think of gays, just scared of it. I wanna die when i hear it, and i crawl in a hole where i can drive out my inner demons of judgement and hate and then people remind me "you must be tolerant, you must be tolerant" and i say "please leave me be" and i will cry like a sissy..

and thats basically my views. I just wanna die and end myself when people even mention it.

Politically speaking atheism didn't really get a critical anti western view before the 60s, when some academics at frankfurt school wrote stuff being critical of the west which was introduced in colleges and universities and thats how memes spread. Atheism has always been critical of religion, social struggles in society as in sceptics atleast, atheism was opened up due to protestantism, in catholic stuff it was more difficult being sceptical or ask questions, thats why they had inquisition as a way to see if you truly believed or were faking it. Like for example a deist called Thomas Jefferson suggested that instead of killing gays as death penalty, he supported being castrated as a way of liberating them "though the bill never got passed". So this back then was likely progressive. Atheism has never had a huge loud voice before after the 60s in terms of political reasoning. They just did the science and the christian world moved on like normal, but after WW2 it changed very fast.

Baruch

Are you gay?  There are gay people here who can help you with that.  Nobody here is going to criticize you for being gay.  They will criticize you for being so immature as supporting religion.  Also you will be criticized if your politics isn't progressive.  Otherwise we are a tolerant lot.  They even allow a theist heretic like myself here.

And yes, memes are an interesting idea.  I acknowledge that cultural norms are memes, including religions.  But so are political ideologies.  Are you unhappy the way that people are ... or unhappy they way you are?  If you aren't unhappy, why are you here?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Agro

Quote from: Baruch on August 21, 2017, 06:33:20 AM
Are you gay?  There are gay people here who can help you with that.  Nobody here is going to criticize you for being gay.  They will criticize you for being so immature as supporting religion.  Also you will be criticized if your politics isn't progressive.  Otherwise we are a tolerant lot.  They even allow a theist heretic like myself here.

And yes, memes are an interesting idea.  I acknowledge that cultural norms are memes, including religions.  But so are political ideologies.  Are you unhappy the way that people are ... or unhappy they way you are?  If you aren't unhappy, why are you here?

I am into women, i like friends or intimate friendship but i am not into sexual stuff. Love is just a good warm feeling between people in general so i am that.

Baruch

Quote from: Agro on August 21, 2017, 06:39:01 AM
I am into women, i like friends or intimate friendship but i am not into sexual stuff. Love is just a good warm feeling between people in general so i am that.

OK ... then tell us more about yourself, in the Intro section please.  It is OK to be straight, have friends, even good friends.  It is OK to not be too interested in sex.

PS ... very few women post here.  Feminism is a divisive subject here.  So not a good place to meet women.  Not that we have anything against them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: ratthikorn on November 18, 2017, 04:43:00 AM
It's my favorite game to play Metal Gear.

Too bad Agro didn't stay around, to discuss gaming in the gaming section.  If Agro left an email in the My Messages list ... you could make contact.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I hope Argo is OK.  He posted this back in August.  I think he was on the cusp of a realization about gays and the minimal effect they have on him.  I hope he eventually realized that, just for his sake.  I think the gays will be OK.  Argo's future remains uncertain, however.