Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

It's OK to be white

Started by pr126, November 20, 2017, 12:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Handsome, buff, young men.  Not my type, but I can see your point ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on December 16, 2017, 01:48:44 AM
It's okay to eat white.

OMC, white chocolate.  I love that stuff.  When I was a kid, I always chose Zero Bars over Chunkies.  Nougat and white chocolate........  OHHHH.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gilgamesh

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 16, 2017, 01:58:40 AM
The interesting thing about the retard left (the people that are so extremely left that it seems like a caricature) is that the only people that actually think they are a problem are the retard right (the exact opposite caricature)

That's not true at all. I'm a liberal centrist. I think that in the developed, western world, leftism has far exceeded the right as an enemy of reason.

And at least half of the big creators of anti-sjw content in social media right now are atheist leftists/centrists.

So, yeah, you're definitely wrong.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 18, 2017, 02:38:56 PM
That's not true at all. I'm a liberal centrist. I think that in the developed, western world, leftism has far exceeded the right as an enemy of reason.

And at least half of the big creators of anti-sjw content in social media right now are atheist leftists/centrists.

Let me get this straight.  You are a liberal centrist.  And "The Left' is the "enemy of reason".

OK.

I keep having to Wiki "SJW".  It never makes any sense to me.

You aren't a "liberal centrist".  You would never use a term like "atheist/leftist" if you were.  *I* don't even use those terms and I might be one. 

Yer a nutcase or a bot.  Or a person acting as a bot for someone.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2017, 02:59:04 PM
Let me get this straight.  You are a liberal centrist.  And "The Left' is the "enemy of reason".

OK.

I keep having to Wiki "SJW".  It never makes any sense to me.

You aren't a "liberal centrist".  You would never use a term like "atheist/leftist" if you were.  *I* don't even use those terms and I might be one. 

Yer a nutcase or a bot.  Or a person acting as a bot for someone.

"You aren't a "liberal centrist".  You would never use a term like "atheist/leftist" if you were. "

Why wouldn't a liberal centrist use those terms?

"Let me get this straight.  You are a liberal centrist.  And "The Left' is the "enemy of reason".

Yes. People wrongly seem to think that liberalism is inherently left. It isn't. Right-wing has always only ever meant preservation of the status-quo, and left-wing has only ever meant abolishing the status-quo. Anyone who tells you differently has tribalistic motivation for doing so. If you observe the history of these terms, the definition I just gave is the definition that applied in their birth, and it has been consistently applicable in all their usages 'till this day.

One can be a liberal and be either slightly left, slightly right, or center.

To be left or be right is to be a self-admitted tribalist. Then, since tribalism is inherently illogical, to say one is anything but center to be a self-admitted idiot.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 18, 2017, 03:16:20 PM

"You aren't a "liberal centrist".  You would never use a term like "atheist/leftist" if you were. "

Why wouldn't a liberal centrist use those terms?

"Let me get this straight.  You are a liberal centrist.  And "The Left' is the "enemy of reason".

Yes. People wrongly seem to think that liberalism is inherently left. It isn't. Right-wing has always only ever meant preservation of the status-quo, and left-wing has only ever meant abolishing the status-quo. Anyone who tells you differently has tribalistic motivation for doing so. If you observe the history of these terms, the definition I just gave is the definition that applied in their birth, and it has been consistently applicable in all their usages 'till this day.

One can be a liberal and be either slightly left, slightly right, or center.

To be left or be right is to be a self-admitted tribalist. Then, since tribalism is inherently illogical, to say one is anything but center to be a self-admitted idiot.

Interesting odd argument.  Can you name a single politician who is a liberal conservative?

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2017, 03:30:22 PM
Interesting odd argument.  Can you name a single politician who is a liberal conservative?

Nope.

Though, if one wanted to use that as an argument, they'd be committing a fallacy in doing so.

Wikipedia boils liberalism to its essentials nicely: "Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas and programmes such as freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free markets, civil rights, democratic societies, secular governments, gender equality and international cooperation."

None of that is inherently at odds with preserving the status-quo, which is what makes one right-wing.

Just as, none of that is inherent to leftism, which is just the contention that the status-quo needs to change. Stupidly, many leftists who readily oppose those liberal ideals fancy themselves liberals still.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 18, 2017, 02:38:56 PM

I disagree, but for a different reason that you might think.

The extreme left is absolutely atrocious lately. I don't think they surpassed the right, but they are definitely close. We're used to how stupid the right is. It's nothing new. The extreme lack of logic and reason being adopted by the left is shocking, because it seems out of character. Maybe it's not out of character and we're just noticing it, IDK. As of right now though, it's really bad... it's just not as bad as people claim it to be and definitely still not as bad as the right.

Although that could be argued with the fact that they have more media power. They claim to not be in control, but they definitely have way more Press power, so that is a lie on their end.

My "only the extreme right" comment was obviously an exaggeration though. To highlight how stupid both of them are.

Cavebear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 18, 2017, 03:51:00 PM
I disagree, but for a different reason that you might think.

The extreme left is absolutely atrocious lately. I don't think they surpassed the right, but they are definitely close. We're used to how stupid the right is. It's nothing new. The extreme lack of logic and reason being adopted by the left is shocking, because it seems out of character. Maybe it's not out of character and we're just noticing it, IDK. As of right now though, it's really bad... it's just not as bad as people claim it to be and definitely still not as bad as the right.

Although that could be argued with the fact that they have more media power. They claim to not be in control, but they definitely have way more Press power, so that is a lie on their end.

My "only the extreme right" comment was obviously an exaggeration though. To highlight how stupid both of them are.

There are times when I think I have 2 asses by the tail and am trying to pull them both closer to talk.

Remember "workfare"?  I supported that.

Munch

Dammit, need something to break this up.

Urm, its OK to BEE White!

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on December 18, 2017, 04:46:15 PM
Dammit, need something to break this up.

Urm, its OK to BEE White!

Bee White...

GROAN....Kill me now.  Southern Comfort will work if applied "internally and liberally".

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 18, 2017, 03:36:57 PM
Nope.

Though, if one wanted to use that as an argument, they'd be committing a fallacy in doing so.

Wikipedia boils liberalism to its essentials nicely: "Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas and programmes such as freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free markets, civil rights, democratic societies, secular governments, gender equality and international cooperation."

None of that is inherently at odds with preserving the status-quo, which is what makes one right-wing.

Just as, none of that is inherent to leftism, which is just the contention that the status-quo needs to change. Stupidly, many leftists who readily oppose those liberal ideals fancy themselves liberals still.

Exactly where I was in 1980.  I wish we had that kind of liberalism, not the kind we have.  But I don't belong to a civilized species ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

SJW = Antisocial "Just Us" warriors. (not Wikipedia)

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 18, 2017, 10:02:44 PM
SJW = Antisocial "Just Us" warriors. (not Wikipedia)

Virtue signaling children of the SDS.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.