It's OK to be white

Started by pr126, November 20, 2017, 12:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on January 19, 2018, 06:23:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbud8rLejLM

Probably. Everyone is a bit sexist as well, doesn't mean I'm going to therefore defend rhetoric that says women are second rate citizens and inherently inferior thanks to genetics and culture.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on January 19, 2018, 02:49:08 PM
I don't think most people here are racist or bigots, but they really go out of their way to defend very thinly veiled racism and bigotry.

Explain.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 19, 2018, 06:56:55 PM
Probably. Everyone is a bit sexist as well, doesn't mean I'm going to therefore defend rhetoric that says women are second rate citizens and inherently inferior thanks to genetics and culture.

I know sarcasm is often harder to present in text form, but its worth wondering if it is sarcasm being posted. Your convinced everyone is either a bit racist or sexist, and taken that upon yourself to be a moral crusader. The irony being from many of your past posts, you're kind of self-deprecating, against your own, which makes any moral virtue signalling against racism moot.

Also if everyone is a little racist and sexist, that must include yourself if thats everyone.

Casual racism and casual sexism exists, yeah, we see it in jokes comedians make. The reason why such jokes can be funny is because it strips away the thin layer of skin some people have to such a subject and exposes them, that being whats funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-9oFUe6aP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QskcjRJ3Ymk

A black guy makes some casual humor aimed at white guys at their expense, but nobody gets offended by it because its tongue in cheek. Is this what you mean by being a little racist?

Draconic Aiur

As a white man I think shiranu is either a self hating white man himself or hes a not a white man and against white people. But above all hes racist and saying is above us common worms.

Munch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on January 20, 2018, 04:46:55 PM
As a white man I think shiranu is either a self hating white man himself or hes a not a white man and against white people. But above all hes racist and saying is above us common worms.

He is white, or white mixed, judging from his picture on members pictures.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Munch on January 20, 2018, 04:54:53 PM
He is white, or white mixed, judging from his picture on members pictures.

So is indeed self hating.

Shiranu

I don't hate white people, but their are times I question if I should.

And yes, I am mixed.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on January 20, 2018, 05:19:42 PM
I don't hate white people, but their are times I question if I should.

And yes, I am mixed.

You sure make a biiiiiiig deal out of it.

Shiranu

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on January 20, 2018, 05:32:16 PM
Out of what?

out of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thing!!!!!! Thing!!!!!!!!!Thing!!!!!!!!!!1

Munch

If your mixed then your mixed from both, meaning one of your parents is white. Do you hate your white ancestors?

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on January 20, 2018, 05:57:52 PM
If your mixed then your mixed from both, meaning one of your parents is white. Do you hate your white ancestors?

Actually, I very much love my Italian and English/Scottish heritage.

Unbeliever

Oh, come on, we're all "mixed" to some degree or another. None of us is black or white, we're all just different shades of brown - except maybe albinos, they're about as white as it gets.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

Edit: Shortened post...

Yes, we are all "mixed"... but that doesn't mean much. When I say I am of Southern Italian/British Isles/Arab descent, I don't mean my cheek bones look like this, my eye shape like that, my height like such and such... I mean my ancestors, within my life time, were facing issues related to those groups.

My biological grandmother moved here from Southern Italy, and my mother was first-generation born in America Italian American. Yes, genetically she was at the end of the day almost no different from an English, German, whatever American... but her experiences because of where her parents were from greatly effected her life and thus mine. That's just one example of how different "colours" make a difference. It also effects naming traditions (and thus how you are perceived by the world), accents, socio-economic opportunity (when my ancestors moved here, segregation was still legal and that included among whites and semi-whites). And that's only addressing immigration issues, not just cultural norms and traditions that vary from "ethnicity" to "ethnicity".

I personally hate with a passion this idea that we need to be color blind, that we are all the same; no, fuck that, we aren't. We are all different, and that is beautiful. That is something that should be celebrated and spark intrigue. But we should also celebrate that with each generation, the lines that make us different become more and more blurry. We should celebrate that we now share differences, rather than just forget about them.

The fact that we are different is what makes life worth living. It's unfortunately also been what has been used to justify making life worth taking, but that doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bathwater.