News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

It's OK to be white

Started by pr126, November 20, 2017, 12:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

Quote from: Shiranu on January 21, 2018, 12:15:44 AM
I don't think anyone here has ever contended that.
Or anywhere, for that matter.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Yes, WASPS do sting.  So all us Italian, Jewish, Polish, German, Czech etc -Americans need revenge for 200 years of fucking with our immigrants then?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on January 21, 2018, 10:07:13 PM
But I don't understand how white people can be ashamed of being white anymore than I don't understand how black people aren't proud of being black
Curiously, what about someone proud of their whiteness? :]

QuoteThat said, acknowledging your "races" (for lack of a better way of putting that) short-comings and continued oppression of someone is not self-depreciation, that's just acknowledging reality.
One's short-comings are one's own. You don't get to extend the guilt of someone to everyone who's the same colour as them. That's racism. You're a racist.

QuoteThe "white", or more specifically the Anglo-Saxon American community, does to this day practice many actions that keep minorities a tier or two bellow them.
What is an anglo-saxon community? Go into detail.

And what exactly is this community doing to keep minorities a tier below? Go into detail.

Baruch

All us "More White Than You" guys meet off-line, and agree before hand to beat up Shiranu?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on January 22, 2018, 06:56:14 PM
All us "More White Than You" guys meet off-line, and agree before hand to beat up Shiranu?

I think that's the most direct I've ever seen you Baruch.

Though we don't have to ever resort to that, I propose a bake off, whoever makes a better apple pie wins.

And the prize? a years supply of white chocolate.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 22, 2018, 02:11:00 PM
Curiously, what about someone proud of their whiteness?
I don't understand why anyone should be proud of their whiteness, or they're blackness, or their brownness, or whatever. It's not like any of us worked hard to achieve our color, whatever it is. We got it for free from our parents, who also didn't work hard for it. I can understand being proud of an accomplishment, but the color of our skin isn't something we accomplish. Might as well be proud of the color of our eyes, it would make about as much sense.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on January 22, 2018, 07:11:51 PM
I think that's the most direct I've ever seen you Baruch.

Though we don't have to ever resort to that, I propose a bake off, whoever makes a better apple pie wins.

And the prize? a years supply of white chocolate.

You wouldn't like me being too direct ;-)  OK, y'all win, I like all the pictures in the baking string.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 22, 2018, 07:24:14 PM
I don't understand why anyone should be proud of their whiteness, or they're blackness, or their brownness, or whatever. It's not like any of us worked hard to achieve our color, whatever it is. We got it for free from our parents, who also didn't work hard for it. I can understand being proud of an accomplishment, but the color of our skin isn't something we accomplish. Might as well be proud of the color of our eyes, it would make about as much sense.

THANK YOU! I only feel pride or guilt about actions I have taken, choices I have made. I don't feel pride or guilt about being white, male, bald, gay, American... I didn't choose any of those things. I can't take credit or blame if my ancestor was a saint or a serial killer.

Unbeliever

Well, I guess Michael Jackson did work pretty hard for his whiteness, but that's an exception...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

It's simple sociology; we spent millions of years evolving as social creatures that love to be part of a group. Individualism is something very, very, very, VERY recent in modern human history, and incredibly more so as a species. While I understand the appeal of individualism, it's not something that is culturally universal (infact the majority of the Earth's population falls under more collectivist worldviews) and is not something overly "natural" to the psyche. Like collectivism, there is an incredible amount of things wrong with individualism... so I feel the best way to approach it is to take what works from both and try to incorporate both.

It's like rooting for a sports team; you don't "do" anything, but an individual, a family, a city, a state, a country takes pride when their team wins because they are one of "us"; there are parades, extra-sexy-time leading to babies with the athletes' names, trophy ceremonies, streets renamed after players... that reaction is as natural as breathing.

Forget even race, I think this is one of the biggest short-comings of atheists... as a group, we seem to want to be as individual as possible. I don't know why that is... maybe it's people who are more individualistic who have the "nerve" to face the stigma of breaking the cultural norm and be non-religious.

QuoteI don't understand why anyone should be proud of their whiteness, or they're blackness, or their brownness, or whatever. It's not like any of us worked hard to achieve our color, whatever it is.

Perhaps not to achieve it, but we do work to uphold the cultural norms and traditions of said culture, and that is something to be proud of. And like sports teams, it's simply natural to take pride in what your culture has achieved. That is simply how the human brain works, and there is nothing wrong with that. It only becomes an issue when you stop taking pride in what your culture has achieved and instead shift your focus to putting down what others have.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

I am not sure if it is OK to be white.

The EU has other ideas.

Nicolas Sarkosy has made it clear in December 2008. Interbreeding is a must (except of Arabs) or face state sanctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8yaiN6ew_g

More on the same:

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Shiranu

So a video where he says we need to address a legitimate issue, the interracial marriage and how they are perceived by society... means Mr. "Ban Burqas" wants to make you fuck Arab women and have Muslim babies...

Shit, yall cant even get your message straight; one moment he is talking about how you will be coerced into accepting it, according to other racists...er..bigots...er... idiots... er... he is saying that interbreeding has lead to the fall of every civilization and it must be stamped out.

Why don't yall work on coming to a consensus on if he hates Muslims or loves Muslims, then get back to us?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

If the white "race" disappears, there be no more racist, bigots, Islamophobes, homophobes, xenophobes.
There be utopia of peace, prosperity and harmony.

Insallah?

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on January 24, 2018, 12:55:11 AM
If the white "race" disappears, there be no more racist, bigots, Islamophobes, homophobes, xenophobes.
There be utopia of peace, prosperity and harmony.

Insallah?

Colloquially, I am told, "inshallah" means .. it isn't likely to happen ever.

Actually France just wants us all to be French.  That means stamping out England too.  France and Germany compete at hating England.

Besides ... how else would you expect EU leadership to treat their people, except as cattle.  Just say no to Europe.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126