When is it okay for an atheist to tell a lie?

Started by Mahmoude, November 19, 2017, 01:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 18, 2017, 10:54:19 PM
Your interpretation of sensation is individual and tribal.  Reality isn't what you think it is ... we actually don't know what it is, because we can't get past autonomic or even conscious prejudice.  This applies in spades to politics.  That is a Truman Show ... haven't you noticed that for the last 24 months?

I wasn't here 24 months ago. 

Reality is more real than most philosophers like to think.  Tell one of them to walk through a wall and see where that gets them.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

baronvonrort

Quote from: Mahmoude on November 19, 2017, 01:37:06 AM
Wondering if it is okay for me to tell a lie knowing I will not get caught. Like telling my dad someone stole the watch be gave me for my birthday instead of telling him that I actually lost it myself. Or cheating on the biology test at school as it is a subject that I really hate.

I don't tell lies if people can't handle the truth that is their problem.

I could never be upset with someone for being honest with me even if the truth really hurts, I don't have any time for people who cannot be honest with.
me i hate being lied to.

I am fortunate my family and friends feel the same way about the truth and appreciate my honesty.

If i had to tell my father i lost something he gave me i would be honest and say i am upset with myself for losing it.

Cavebear

Quote from: baronvonrort on December 23, 2017, 05:11:09 AM
I don't tell lies if people can't handle the truth that is their problem.

I could never be upset with someone for being honest with me even if the truth really hurts, I don't have any time for people who cannot be honest with.
me i hate being lied to.

I am fortunate my family and friends feel the same way about the truth and appreciate my honesty.

If i had to tell my father i lost something he gave me i would be honest and say i am upset with myself for losing it.

OK, you dress badly and you smell of old broccoli!

LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!