Yet Another Profoundly Unqualified Nominee

Started by trdsf, November 15, 2017, 12:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2017, 02:52:47 PM
Hell, I be tickled pink if he just found Jimmy Hoffa...
Naw, he specializes in looking for things that don't exist.  Maybe we can have him look for Asshole's honesty and dignity, or the GOP's collective sense of responsibility.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Or those millions of illegal immigrants who voted for Hillary to make it look like she won.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on November 16, 2017, 03:28:46 PM
Or those millions of illegal immigrants who voted for Hillary to make it look like she won.

Even people who legally voted for her, are losers ... sorry.  Same as Johnson voters.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2017, 02:54:55 PM
What!? Now Caspar's the Holy Ghost, not the friendly one? I'm shocked - shocked I say! :)

Jesus himself says ... we call each other friends.  And thus that Quaker group, the Friends.  So yes, pass the pax, the kiss of peace.  And wash my feet while you are at it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on November 16, 2017, 07:01:33 PM
Jesus himself says ... we call each other friends.  And thus that Quaker group, the Friends.  So yes, pass the pax, the kiss of peace.  And wash my feet while you are at it.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 15, 2017, 06:54:48 PM
Joe Biden is a traitor, in league with Ukrainian nazis.  Pulease choose another putz.  And FDR etc ... they were all assholes.  if you want to join Mother Theresa ... there is a Catholic monastery where you can practice holiness as much as you want ;-)

I agree that the nominations are a new low ... but as long as the Rs pass them, then they approve of them, even if they want to blame Trump for them.  Plausible deniability for the losers (all of them) in Congress.  If any of them had a real job, none of them would be in Congress to begin with.

Emperor Caligula proposed his horse, as consul of Rome.

Speaking of horses, you have become the ass of the site.  Claiming that Joe Biden, one of the most dedicated, honorable, and respected former Senators is a "traitor" is getting beyond all reason. 

I think it is time for you to leave this site.  Not that you will. but it IS time.  You have shown some promise at times, but that promise remains unkept. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 18, 2017, 12:13:06 AM
Speaking of horses, you have become the ass of the site.  Claiming that Joe Biden, one of the most dedicated, honorable, and respected former Senators is a "traitor" is getting beyond all reason. 

I think it is time for you to leave this site.  Not that you will. but it IS time.  You have shown some promise at times, but that promise remains unkept.

From Wikipedia:
"Burisma Holdings is owned and controlled by the Ukrainian businessman Nikolay Zlochevskyi. ... Hunter Biden's father Joe Biden traveled to Kiev on April 22, 2014 and urged the Ukraine government "... to reduce its dependence on Russia for supplies of natural gas.""

Maybe too many recent events have gone down your memory hole.  Joe Biden, Mr Deep State, working with Obama/Clinton oligarchy, to foment nuclear war with Russia, in Ukraine, to act as second front in the event of war with Russia in Syria ... following up on terrible blowback from Libyan intervention ... yes ... that guy.  We came so close to nuclear war in 2014, with that pacifist, Obama .. up until the red line in September 2014.  I name all Ds as Jefferson Davis clones ... all warmongers.  And warmongers are ... traitors ... as far as I am concerned.  All Ds are LBJ, and want to kill all our fine young men and women in foreign wars.

So ask yourself Cavebear ... are you a warmonger?  Or do you only approve of warmongering if the D party does it (and does it again and again since Wilson).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 18, 2017, 02:34:58 AM
From Wikipedia:
"Burisma Holdings is owned and controlled by the Ukrainian businessman Nikolay Zlochevskyi. ... Hunter Biden's father Joe Biden traveled to Kiev on April 22, 2014 and urged the Ukraine government "... to reduce its dependence on Russia for supplies of natural gas.""

Maybe too many recent events have gone down your memory hole.  Joe Biden, Mr Deep State, working with Obama/Clinton oligarchy, to foment nuclear war with Russia, in Ukraine, to act as second front in the event of war with Russia in Syria ... following up on terrible blowback from Libyan intervention ... yes ... that guy.  We came so close to nuclear war in 2014, with that pacifist, Obama .. up until the red line in September 2014.  I name all Ds as Jefferson Davis clones ... all warmongers.  And warmongers are ... traitors ... as far as I am concerned.  All Ds are LBJ, and want to kill all our fine young men and women in foreign wars.

So ask yourself Cavebear ... are you a warmonger?  Or do you only approve of warmongering if the D party does it (and does it again and again since Wilson).

Your ultra-conservative fears are too bizarre to debate.  It is like discussing how ETs built the pyramids.  Sorry.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 18, 2017, 02:42:31 AM
Your ultra-conservative fears are too bizarre to debate.  It is like discussing how ETs built the pyramids.  Sorry.

For you, there is only 1984.  But one controlled by INGSOC ... aka D party.  We have always been at war with East Asia.

Tell Russia not to be afraid of all those forward deployed NATO and US troops in E Europe.  Russia should have killed us all in 2014 ... justifiable homicide.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 18, 2017, 02:53:44 AM
For you, there is only 1984.  But one controlled by INGSOC ... aka D party.  We have always been at war with East Asia.

Tell Russia not to be afraid of all those forward deployed NATO and US troops in E Europe.  Russia should have killed us all in 2014 ... justifiable homicide.

EOL

trdsf

Well well.  After facing some blowback from Senate Republicans (particularly Chuck Grassley), they're dropping the nomination of the wanna-be Ghostbuster.  Of course, in his role as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Chuckles had voted to move Talley's nomination forward.  He did not deign to explain what had changed his mind between then and now, since he already knew at the time of the committee vote that Talley had no trial experience and had been unanimously voted 'unqualified' by the ABA.

Only four times since 1989 has the ABA handed down a unanimous 'Not Qualified'.  Two of those have been this year.  The other 'not qualified' nominee, Leonard Grasz?  Confirmed this week on a party-line vote.  Senate Republicans have no problem confirming an unqualified candidate, obviously, even though (perhaps especially because) he supports so-called gay conversion therapy and "theorizes" that lower courts should be able to overturn Supreme Court decisions, especially on abortion rights.

Oh, and the other two 'not qualified' ones?  Both Dubya's -- and he had the sense (I can't believe I just typed that relative to Dubya) to withdraw their nominations and try again.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on December 14, 2017, 12:55:16 PM
Well well.  After facing some blowback from Senate Republicans (particularly Chuck Grassley), they're dropping the nomination of the wanna-be Ghostbuster.  Of course, in his role as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Chuckles had voted to move Talley's nomination forward.  He did not deign to explain what had changed his mind between then and now, since he already knew at the time of the committee vote that Talley had no trial experience and had been unanimously voted 'unqualified' by the ABA.

Only four times since 1989 has the ABA handed down a unanimous 'Not Qualified'.  Two of those have been this year.  The other 'not qualified' nominee, Leonard Grasz?  Confirmed this week on a party-line vote.  Senate Republicans have no problem confirming an unqualified candidate, obviously, even though (perhaps especially because) he supports so-called gay conversion therapy and "theorizes" that lower courts should be able to overturn Supreme Court decisions, especially on abortion rights.

Oh, and the other two 'not qualified' ones?  Both Dubya's -- and he had the sense (I can't believe I just typed that relative to Dubya) to withdraw their nominations and try again.

Well, it's a start.  Better to come to a good decision late than a bad one later.  And more Republican rebellion against Trump is good.