Yet Another Profoundly Unqualified Nominee

Started by trdsf, November 15, 2017, 12:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Never mind scraping the bottom of the barrel, Asshole has punched through that and is working his way through the asphalt beneath.  His nominee for a lifetime Federal judgeship in Alabama is a 36yo who's only been practicing law for three years, has never tried a case ...and who's a ghost hunter.  The ABA Standing committee on the Federal Judiciary has unanimously rated him Not Qualified -- the only unanimous NQ they've handed down on Asshole's appointees yet.  Oh, and while he cheerily put down his membership in the Tuscaloosa Paranormal Research Group on his conflict-of-interest questionnaire, he somehow failed to mention that his wife is a White House lawyer.  And needless to say, the Judiciary Committee passed him on through with a smile and a nod (albeit on a party-line vote).

Look, I got no used for Gorsuch, but I will freely admit he's qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice.  This clown is clearly a political appointee whose presence is intended only to ensure that we're stuck with a(nother) wingnut judge for decades.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on November 15, 2017, 12:40:30 PM
Never mind scraping the bottom of the barrel, Asshole has punched through that and is working his way through the asphalt beneath.  His nominee for a lifetime Federal judgeship in Alabama is a 36yo who's only been practicing law for three years, has never tried a case ...and who's a ghost hunter.  The ABA Standing committee on the Federal Judiciary has unanimously rated him Not Qualified -- the only unanimous NQ they've handed down on Asshole's appointees yet.  Oh, and while he cheerily put down his membership in the Tuscaloosa Paranormal Research Group on his conflict-of-interest questionnaire, he somehow failed to mention that his wife is a White House lawyer.  And needless to say, the Judiciary Committee passed him on through with a smile and a nod (albeit on a party-line vote).

Look, I got no used for Gorsuch, but I will freely admit he's qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice.  This clown is clearly a political appointee whose presence is intended only to ensure that we're stuck with a(nother) wingnut judge for decades.

I learned about this guy 2 days ago and gagged.  The unanimous "NO" by the ABA should be a complete ending, but the political connection through his wife is tar on the collapsed souffle... 

This has GOT to be stopped, but it depends on Republicans to stop it and I fear they won't.  I would use some really vulgar suggestions, but lets just say I did and move on...  The people I do not support have to step up and say NO!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on November 15, 2017, 01:01:20 PM
I learned about this guy 2 days ago and gagged.  The unanimous "NO" by the ABA should be a complete ending, but the political connection through his wife is tar on the collapsed souffle... 

This has GOT to be stopped, but it depends on Republicans to stop it and I fear they won't.  I would use some really vulgar suggestions, but lets just say I did and move on...  The people I do not support have to step up and say NO!

It's pretty much coming down to McCain, Corker, Flake, Collins and Murkowski.  Flake, McCain and Corker have nothing to lose since they're all retiring, and all three have seriously turned on Asshole.  Collins and Murkowski have indicated they're willing to draw a line here and there.  I'm not going to count on it, but any combination of any three of them sinks it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on November 15, 2017, 01:07:30 PM
It's pretty much coming down to McCain, Corker, Flake, Collins and Murkowski.  Flake, McCain and Corker have nothing to lose since they're all retiring, and all three have seriously turned on Asshole.  Collins and Murkowski have indicated they're willing to draw a line here and there.  I'm not going to count on it, but any combination of any three of them sinks it.

One can hope.  I don't often AGREE with McCain, but I never doubt his ethics.  And I hope for Corker, Flake, Collins and Murkowsski to make a good decision.

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on November 15, 2017, 12:40:30 PMHis nominee for a lifetime Federal judgeship in Alabama is a 36yo who's only been practicing law for three years, has never tried a case ...and who's a ghost hunter.  The ABA Standing committee on the Federal Judiciary has unanimously rated him Not Qualified -- the only unanimous NQ they've handed down on Asshole's appointees yet.  Oh, and while he cheerily put down his membership in the Tuscaloosa Paranormal Research Group on his conflict-of-interest questionnaire, he somehow failed to mention that his wife is a White House lawyer.  And needless to say, the Judiciary Committee passed him on through with a smile and a nod (albeit on a party-line vote).
Stuff like this is why I say that Trump's most damaging actions so far have been his nominees.  Twitter feuds come and go, but these double-decker stinkers take forever to scrub away.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 15, 2017, 01:54:22 PM
Stuff like this is why I say that Trump's most damaging actions so far have been his nominees.  Twitter feuds come and go, but these double-decker stinkers take forever to scrub away.

The craziest people feel like they need the least questioning...

Shiranu

I don't know what is worse; his nominations, or allowing China to become the world leader. It is nice to take a break, but being the most powerful country on Earth certainly had it's perks.

But even if we kick back and enjoy not having to dominate the world, even if we focus inward we still have to deal with his appointees and deregulation. And just yesterday or today I think one of the few people tough on the banks, the head of the U.S. consumer protection agency, stepped down because everything he did to protect Americans was overthrown by Republicans.

Joe Biden put it best though... forget Trumps policy, as FDR said the president is suppose to be the moral leader of the United States before anything else. If he represents American morality and ideals, then America is dead anyways.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 15, 2017, 01:17:00 PM
One can hope.  I don't often AGREE with McCain, but I never doubt his ethics.  And I hope for Corker, Flake, Collins and Murkowsski to make a good decision.

McCain vs Savings & Loans?  Really?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 15, 2017, 04:41:00 PM
I don't know what is worse; his nominations, or allowing China to become the world leader. It is nice to take a break, but being the most powerful country on Earth certainly had it's perks.

But even if we kick back and enjoy not having to dominate the world, even if we focus inward we still have to deal with his appointees and deregulation. And just yesterday or today I think one of the few people tough on the banks, the head of the U.S. consumer protection agency, stepped down because everything he did to protect Americans was overthrown by Republicans.

Joe Biden put it best though... forget Trumps policy, as FDR said the president is suppose to be the moral leader of the United States before anything else. If he represents American morality and ideals, then America is dead anyways.

Joe Biden is a traitor, in league with Ukrainian nazis.  Pulease choose another putz.  And FDR etc ... they were all assholes.  if you want to join Mother Theresa ... there is a Catholic monastery where you can practice holiness as much as you want ;-)

I agree that the nominations are a new low ... but as long as the Rs pass them, then they approve of them, even if they want to blame Trump for them.  Plausible deniability for the losers (all of them) in Congress.  If any of them had a real job, none of them would be in Congress to begin with.

Emperor Caligula proposed his horse, as consul of Rome.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Baruch on November 15, 2017, 06:54:48 PM
Joe Biden is a traitor, in league with Ukrainian nazis.  Pulease choose another putz.  And FDR etc ... they were all assholes.
Do you even read what you type?

No wonder I put you on ignore.  I won't make the mistake of looking at your blocked posts again.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on November 15, 2017, 08:02:06 PM
Do you even read what you type?

No wonder I put you on ignore.  I won't make the mistake of looking at your blocked posts again.

Civics 101 is just propaganda.  And yes, Biden's son is an expert in Ukrainian oil exploitation ;-)  And the regime that Obama put into place, are really honest to hell Nazis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Trump the crazy putz

letsee

1 doctor in charge of housing
1 bartender as a congressional liason
1 candle maker as a USDA confident
1 TV star as head scientist of USDA

hmmm crazy man for a judge? looks like he’s on a role

fyi: there is no place in the Constitution that says federal judges serve for life. That is cut out of the same whole cloth that says the president is supposed to be in charge of foreign policy.

Letting China become number one was a stupid thing to do. Not some nickel show THE CHINA. Its the same China that history books say was the technological leader of the world for more than 1000 years. They been embarrassed about that ever since they found out they lost that position. Be trying to take away the number one spot from U.S. everytime we sittin on the laurels

P.S. If the ghost hunter is really good we should hire him to try to find godðŸ¤"
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Mocking the holy ghost?  Worst thing you can do.  Caspar will never forgive you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: fencerider on November 16, 2017, 01:34:29 AM
P.S. If the ghost hunter is really good we should hire him to try to find godðŸ¤"
Hell, I be tickled pink if he just found Jimmy Hoffa...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on November 16, 2017, 06:33:44 AM
Mocking the holy ghost?  Worst thing you can do.  Caspar will never forgive you ;-)
What!? Now Caspar's the Holy Ghost, not the friendly one? I'm shocked - shocked I say! :)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman