Meet the Most Armed Man in America

Started by Hydra009, November 15, 2017, 12:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWP7oXkDaDk

First off, this guy is really blase about guns.  I guess when you surround yourself with them constantly, you get pretty used to them.  But I got a real guns=toys vibe from him almost immediately which really didn't sit well with me.

And then there's talking about mass shootings with what almost seemed like admiration.

And then his wife's death and the manikins... :sad2:

Is this really what our Founders intended?

Gawdzilla Sama

If you want to know what the founders thought a militia was, just watch or read "Drums Along the Mohawk." It wasn't about Joe Bearsneighbor having tanks.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 15, 2017, 12:30:29 PM
If you want to know what the founders thought a militia was, just watch or read "Drums Along the Mohawk." It wasn't about Joe Bearsneighbor having tanks.

Maybe we need a militia with arms (the 2nd amendment supports it), but this guy would have been kicked out as a crazy and therefore not allowed his guns...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 15, 2017, 12:28:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWP7oXkDaDk

First off, this guy is really blase about guns.  I guess when you surround yourself with them constantly, you get pretty used to them.  But I got a real guns=toys vibe from him almost immediately which really didn't sit well with me.

And then there's talking about mass shootings with what almost seemed like admiration.

And then his wife's death and the manikins... :sad2:

Is this really what our Founders intended?

The Founders were English psychos from the English Civil Wars, who then got really feral in N America.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 15, 2017, 12:30:29 PM

Yep, kill more Natives.  And French.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 15, 2017, 06:57:00 PM
The Founders were English psychos from the English Civil Wars, who then got really feral in N America.

The US Founders were English (as subject by definition), but they weren't psychos or from the English Civil Wars.  Most were landlords in the English model and had debts similar to the ones back in Jolly Olde England.  Land-rich but money-poor up to their eyebrows. 

When I attended University in the late 60s/early70s, The US Revolution was considered somewhat as a fight of the landlords to escape debt.  Since then, it has generally changed to general populace anger over middle-class taxation burdens.  Having studied both, I tend to think a bit of both but mostly taxation. 

You don't get an angry army of rich landlords...

Some were

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 18, 2017, 12:46:52 AM
The US Founders were English (as subject by definition), but they weren't psychos or from the English Civil Wars.  Most were landlords in the English model and had debts similar to the ones back in Jolly Olde England.  Land-rich but money-poor up to their eyebrows. 

When I attended University in the late 60s/early70s, The US Revolution was considered somewhat as a fight of the landlords to escape debt.  Since then, it has generally changed to general populace anger over middle-class taxation burdens.  Having studied both, I tend to think a bit of both but mostly taxation. 

You don't get an angry army of rich landlords...

Some were

You are clearly an apologist for King Charles I ... and King George III.  In the 1640s ... exiles from the English Civil War didn't get sent to Australia.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 18, 2017, 02:25:26 AM
You are clearly an apologist for King Charles I ... and King George III.  In the 1640s ... exiles from the English Civil War didn't get sent to Australia.

No.  EOL

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 18, 2017, 03:02:14 AM
No.  EOL

OK, I accept your response.  So which historical faction are you working for?  Isn't this a Civ V game?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.