Coming soon to a theater near you

Started by PopeyesPappy, November 13, 2017, 07:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Corruption and murder among America's elite commandos.

According to unconfirmed sources, two members of Seal Team 6 are under investigation for the death of Green Beret Staff Sgt. Logan Melgar. Aledgedly, Melgar discovered the seals were stealing from a cash fund intended to pay informants, and they killed him to keep him quiet.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Shiranu

Going to need some sources, even though I think it's true.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PopeyesPappy

It made the national news. CNN, among others, ran a headline this morning. The source of the particulars is being reported as members of the special forces community that aren't authorized to talk about it so don't expect any names.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

There are routine narc investigations among the troops.  And snitches get into accidents.  My older cousin, in the Marines, may have been a victim.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Popeye no confirmation is necessary. I was told by to discharged military members more than 10 years apart about the hazing and corruptionnand even murder that goes on in the military. When a military unit gets involved in a crime nobody talks because they know that any one of the other trained killers in the unit will be coming for them.

It is sad that a U.S. military unit will agree together to be involved in a crime like rape, murder or brutalizing someone so badly that they wish to be dead. Not every training accident is an accident....

just another legitimate reason for a nation to not have a standing army.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on November 15, 2017, 12:42:00 AM
Popeye no confirmation is necessary. I was told by to discharged military members more than 10 years apart about the hazing and corruptionnand even murder that goes on in the military. When a military unit gets involved in a crime nobody talks because they know that any one of the other trained killers in the unit will be coming for them.

It is sad that a U.S. military unit will agree together to be involved in a crime like rape, murder or brutalizing someone so badly that they wish to be dead. Not every training accident is an accident....

Pacifism is OK ... just throw your Autobiography of Gandhi at them ;-)

The movie, A Few Good Men is too kind.  My older cousin who may of been victimized for snitching ... was a Marine too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on November 15, 2017, 12:42:00 AM

More a reason to recruit soldiers who aren't thugs.  It is one thing to have people who can kill other people (I could).  It is another thing to have people who want to.

And you don't get the former by having unending war.  You get them by having a specifically defined purpose and an planned end to the fighting. 

And I note that the news today said the army is relaxing its standards because they aren't getting enough new recruits.  That's not a good sign.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

When I meant source, I just meant like a CNN, BBC, Reuters or someone article or something. I've looked it up now, it's just helpful to have in the thread.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 15, 2017, 02:49:20 AM
More a reason to recruit soldiers who aren't thugs.  It is one thing to have people who can kill other people (I could).  It is another thing to have people who want to.

And you don't get the former by having unending war.  You get them by having a specifically defined purpose and an planned end to the fighting. 

And I note that the news today said the army is relaxing its standards because they aren't getting enough new recruits.  That's not a good sign.

Making a soldier means taking a non-thug, and making him into a thug, who only thugs on command.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.