News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Europe is killing itself

Started by pr126, November 11, 2017, 11:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 15, 2017, 04:18:47 AM
I understand.  But it seems the beginning of the breakdown of the Western Democracy Alliance.  And that matters.

Should have ended in 1991.  Let the Russians occupy Paris Disneyland.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 15, 2017, 05:13:11 AM
I am against handing over sovereignty to a bunch of unelected bureaucrats and paying my taxes as tribute to the same.

The EU as it is run today, will fail. It is anti democratic, and becoming a totalitarian hegemony.
Aspirations to re-create the Roman Empire With Merkel as the new Caesar.

Third time lucky? Germany had already 2 attempts (WWI + WWII).

You just need to be bitch slapped by a well muscled butch dominatrix, until you like it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 15, 2017, 05:20:21 AM
Europe may or may not become totalitarian.  They may become anti-democratic.  But they will probably never become a hegemony again.  Hegemony tends to follow trade connection patterns, and Europe isn't going to become THAT again unless the world needs some element or mineral they have that isn't currently valuable.

Totalitarian?  Already happened in 1992.  Anti-democratic?  Already happened in 1992.  But yes, hegemony belongs to Russia and China.  Hope they enjoy it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on November 15, 2017, 07:46:27 PM
You just need to be bitch slapped by a well muscled butch dominatrix, until you like it.

Remember, The safe word is 'brexit'.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 16, 2017, 05:56:28 AM
Ironic how thoroughly that applies to you.

Europe is always killing itself.  The amazing times is when it isn't.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 18, 2017, 04:01:50 AM
Europe is always killing itself.  The amazing times is when it isn't.
I sometimes get outraged responses when I refer to WWI and WWII as the latest chapters in Europe's eternal civil war.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 18, 2017, 06:23:32 AM
I sometimes get outraged responses when I refer to WWI and WWII as the latest chapters in Europe's eternal civil war.

I agree that Europe always seemed to be in civil war internally or externally in the recent few centuries past.  It is probably a result of being the tech giants of the world at the times of their wars.  And notably diminished as they are reduced in technology advantage.

Nations tend to fight when they think they have an advantage and advantages are usually tech-driven.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 16, 2017, 02:53:46 AM
Remember, The safe word is 'brexit'.

you know if you say brexit three times in the mirror with the lights off and a candle lite, Margret Thatcher will appear and poll tax you to death.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin