News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How is this a thing?

Started by pr126, November 10, 2017, 10:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 11:27:12 AM
What are "chick tracts"?  Can you give an example of one?  Willing to be educated...

Jack Chick makes Alex Jones look sane.  Examine at your peril.  He made Evangelical Christian cartoons, as morality plays.  I read one once, still trying to bleach my brain!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 02:15:02 PM
Jack Chick makes Alex Jones look sane.  Examine at your peril.  He made Evangelical Christian cartoons, as morality plays.  I read one once, still trying to bleach my brain!

I examined.  I felt horrible.  I have...

Sinned 

by

LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!

Damn, I'm gonna go make breakfast.  3 pancakes with 2 soft fried eggs on top and a side of maple sausage!  I haven't been this hungry in WEEKS.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 02:23:47 PM
I examined.  I felt horrible.  I have...

Sinned 

by

LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!

Damn, I'm gonna go make breakfast.  3 pancakes with 2 soft fried eggs on top and a side of maple sausage!  I haven't been this hungry in WEEKS.

So you like live in Alaska or Hawaii?  I am late for lunch.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 02:25:19 PM
So you like live in Alaska or Hawaii?  I am late for lunch.
Between Iowa and Georgia.

So am I.  But you have to have breakfast before lunch.  Even if they are the same.

Gawdzilla Sama

You find them scattered about, pamphlets that preach fear, anger, and hate. Random page:

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 11, 2017, 02:59:40 PM
You find them scattered about, pamphlets that preach fear, anger, and hate. Random page:

I loved all the spells in Harry Potter.  Almost English.  "Liftus Uppus", "Thowus The Serpentie Downus The Toiletus".  LOL!  They would surelylius have been dommedius iffus they had actuallly spoken Chinesiest apparently.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 15, 2017, 05:09:33 AM
I loved all the spells in Harry Potter.  Almost English.  "Liftus Uppus", "Thowus The Serpentie Downus The Toiletus".  LOL!  They would surelylius have been dommedius iffus they had actuallly spoken Chinesiest apparently.

Harry Potter was using their own version of pig Latin.  Bacon Latin?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Nobody's watching your propaganda video, Joseph.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 24, 2017, 09:48:45 AM
Nobody's watching your propaganda video, Joseph.

That's a shame because he does some pretty good tech reviews
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on November 24, 2017, 09:58:43 AM
That's a shame because he does some pretty good tech reviews
Nothing I can't find elsewhere and without wanting to wash my hands.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

There can be false allegations of sexual misconduct.  There can be true ones.  In each case only the individuals know the truth.  And most are not subject to legal consequences.  But in most cases, it ISN'T about legal court cases but an accumulation of ME TOO.  That matters. 

What are the costs?  For an individual, not get elected to public office.  Or staying in one.  For the public, the assurance that elected officials are clear of past bad behavior.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 26, 2017, 02:02:02 AM
There can be false allegations of sexual misconduct.  There can be true ones.  In each case only the individuals know the truth.  And most are not subject to legal consequences.  But in most cases, it ISN'T about legal court cases but an accumulation of ME TOO.  That matters. 

What are the costs?  For an individual, not get elected to public office.  Or staying in one.  For the public, the assurance that elected officials are clear of past bad behavior.

Always the optimist? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 26, 2017, 11:48:21 AM
Always the optimist? ;-)

Optimistic in the sense that crimes will catch up to one and be displayed in public sometimes.  Pessimist in that not enough do.  Practical in the sense that punishments can happen beyond the Statute of limitations, sad that most won't.

Pleased that some very public examples have been made and may affect present and future...