News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Schaden, meet freude (again)

Started by trdsf, November 09, 2017, 03:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 17, 2017, 06:13:25 PM
I was referring to the Alabama part of your comment.  That's about all they do there is pray--thinking is not recommended nor encouraged.

I agree that "thinking" doesn't seem to be a basic part of the Alabama culture.  And ANY form of forced sexual action is wrong. 

But I think there are some false equivalencies going on.  Bill Clinton engaged in an extra-marital affair with a consenting adult woman.  That was wrong, but a concern between he and his wife.  Al Franken forcible kissed a women and pretended to grab her breasts later in a bad joke.  Both those events were wrong.

But Donald Trump bragged about groping many women "because he could get away with it" and used his position in pageants to intrude on teens dressing for the events.  Roy Moore assaulted a 14 year old girl and stalked teen girls in malls to find vulnerable assaultable ones, and used his position as  District Attorney to bully them into staying quiet.

None of these events and more to come I am sure were justifiable.  But there are differences in degree.

And Al Franken apologized immediately and completely.  Roy Moore and Trump deny it all in numerous situations and threaten to sue the women who make accusations.

There is SOME difference.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 18, 2017, 12:06:11 AM
I agree that "thinking" doesn't seem to be a basic part of the Alabama culture.  And ANY form of forced sexual action is wrong. 

But I think there are some false equivalencies going on.  Bill Clinton engaged in an extra-marital affair with a consenting adult woman.  That was wrong, but a concern between he and his wife.  Al Franken forcible kissed a women and pretended to grab her breasts later in a bad joke.  Both those events were wrong.

But Donald Trump bragged about groping many women "because he could get away with it" and used his position in pageants to intrude on teens dressing for the events.  Roy Moore assaulted a 14 year old girl and stalked teen girls in malls to find vulnerable assaultable ones, and used his position as  District Attorney to bully them into staying quiet.

None of these events and more to come I am sure were justifiable.  But there are differences in degree.

And Al Franken apologized immediately and completely.  Roy Moore and Trump deny it all in numerous situations and threaten to sue the women who make accusations.

There is SOME difference.

I happen to agree.  Some people have never been gentlemen.  Some didn't start as gentlemen but became that later.  But Americans since Salem witch trials, are all sex mania, all the time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 18, 2017, 02:36:31 AM
I happen to agree.  Some people have never been gentlemen.  Some didn't start as gentlemen but became that later.  But Americans since Salem witch trials, are all sex mania, all the time.

Not even most.  But some are too many.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 18, 2017, 02:38:55 AM
Not even most.  But some are too many.

But no need for feed the "death to all men" feminist agenda either.  Just because men aren't the best, is no reason to listen to psycho-bitches with an axe to grind (I don't mean accusers).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 18, 2017, 02:41:43 AM
But no need for feed the "death to all men" feminist agenda either.  Just because men aren't the best, is no reason to listen to psycho-bitches with an axe to grind (I don't mean accusers).

I will not discuss "psycho-bitches" vs male sexual predators.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 18, 2017, 02:45:33 AM
I will not discuss "psycho-bitches" vs male sexual predators.

There are female sexual predators too.  If you prefer X over Y ... that is just human, and prejudice.

There is a perpetual problem for females accusing males, even the next morning.  Double standard for them (she asked for it?).

But I would say a man claiming he ass sexually predated on  (by a woman or a gay man) will not be believed either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 18, 2017, 02:52:08 AM
There are female sexual predators too.  If you prefer X over Y ... that is just human, and prejudice.

There is a perpetual problem for females accusing males, even the next morning.  Double standard for them (she asked for it?).

But I would say a man claiming he ass sexually predated on  (by a woman or a gay man) will not be believed either.

EOL

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on November 18, 2017, 12:06:11 AM
I might add that in 2006 when that picture was taken, Franken was a comedian and radio host.  Not, so far as I know, even a potential future candidate at that time, much less actually running to be a Senator.

Also, NOT 14.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on November 20, 2017, 02:46:13 PM
I might add that in 2006 when that picture was taken, Franken was a comedian and radio host.  Not, so far as I know, even a potential future candidate at that time, much less actually running to be a Senator.

Also, NOT 14.

Don't worry, when feminists are done, all men will be castrated ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on November 20, 2017, 02:46:13 PM

Also, NOT 14.

Let's keep in mind that the photo was a joke.  A BAD joke to be sure.  And a forced tongue kiss (yuck) was bad and deserving of condemnation.

There are bad things and worse things.  Franken is on the mild end of bad things compared to others.

trdsf

Oh, here's an interesting tidbit I missed -- Alabama's other senator, Richard Shelby, says he's writing in the name of some other (unnamed) Repub in the special election next month.

He also says he's "worried about damage to the Republican brand."

I'll just leave that there.  I'll be over in this corner here giggling.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on November 27, 2017, 01:42:30 PMHe also says he's "worried about damage to the Republican brand."
Normally, I'd say that ship has sailed.  But in this case, that ship has sailed around the world, mutinied, scuttled at an island, interbred with the natives, nearly got wiped out by a mysterious syphilis outbreak, repopulated, and the descendants fashioned another ship and promptly sailed it right into a typhoon.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 27, 2017, 05:47:21 PM
Normally, I'd say that ship has sailed.  But in this case, that ship has sailed around the world, mutinied, scuttled at an island, interbred with the natives, nearly got wiped out by a mysterious syphilis outbreak, repopulated, and the descendants fashioned another ship and promptly sailed it right into a typhoon.

Mutiny on the PNAC ... argh, matey!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 27, 2017, 05:47:21 PM
And yet they are running this country.  And I don't have that much faith that it will change much in 2018. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 27, 2017, 09:23:12 PM
And yet they are running this country.  And I don't have that much faith that it will change much in 2018.

If voting mattered, they would make it illegal ;-)  We have rulers, not leaders (same as the other crown colonies).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.