News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Schaden, meet freude (again)

Started by trdsf, November 09, 2017, 03:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on November 16, 2017, 12:14:42 PM
Two more accusers.
Damn.  No way this is going to work out for him now.  He might as well drop out at this point.

Baruch

Sen Franken - D ... accused of groping.  Read all about it (Google it).

All the politicians are going down.  "Mr Smith Goes To Washington" was a fantasy ... in that Jimmy Stewart played a good guy.  The opponents of this character ... those were for real though.

Your MK Ultra induced puritan hysteria, and anti-Russia hysteria are just how the public is being used to support warring factions in the Deep State.

And it is international, there is a new narrative on the Vegas shooter, that would curl your hair, if you didn't pull it out first.  Ever hear of the scifi movie where aliens are causing people to commit suicide, to depopulate the planet?  Well that will happen, when people find out that they have been lied to comprehensively ... for the last 60 years.

Heard a great new phrase today "weaponized sanctimony"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on November 15, 2017, 02:59:09 AM
Yertle, OMC!  that is perfect.  He IS known as "the Turtle", by temperment and appearance, but I never thought of Yertle...
I used to hear Jim Ward call him that (and do impressions), on Stephanie Miller's program. Haven't thought about it for a while, though.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 16, 2017, 12:25:01 PM
Damn.  No way this is going to work out for him now.  He might as well drop out at this point.
He might as well... but he won't.  After all, he's got to go to Washington to do his god's work!  Who's apparently too lazy to get off his ass and do it himself.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Yeah, for an all-powerful God he sure seems to need the help of puny humans a lot to get his plan accomplished.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2017, 01:40:27 PM
I used to hear Jim Ward call him that (and do impressions), on Stephanie Miller's program. Haven't thought about it for a while, though.
I don't remember where I heard it first used, but it's definitely appropriate.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2017, 03:24:23 PM
Yeah, for an all-powerful God he sure seems to need the help of puny humans a lot to get his plan accomplished.

That is exactly the idea.  G-d is potentiality, actuality comes thru us.  Including the planning.  Plan evil, get evil.  Plan good, get good.  Choose wisely.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on November 16, 2017, 03:29:32 PM
I don't remember where I heard it first used, but it's definitely appropriate.

There is a liberal political cartoon on DailyKos ... all the characters are animals, including him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 16, 2017, 12:25:01 PM
Ha!  You really don't know the people of Alabama, do you!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 17, 2017, 10:24:23 AM
Ha!  You really don't know the people of Alabama, do you!
You might be surprised.  The latest Faux News poll can't even manufacture a lead for Moore -- they show Jones leads 50-42.  That's outside the margin of error.  Two percent say they'll vote for another candidate than these two, so if these numbers stay static, there aren't enough undecideds out there for Moore to catch up.

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on November 17, 2017, 11:31:42 AM
You might be surprised.  The latest Faux News poll can't even manufacture a lead for Moore -- they show Jones leads 50-42.  That's outside the margin of error.  Two percent say they'll vote for another candidate than these two, so if these numbers stay static, there aren't enough undecideds out there for Moore to catch up.
I can only hope and pray you are correct!  :braceface:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 17, 2017, 12:58:30 PM
I can only hope and pray you are correct!  :braceface:
I'll accept the 'hope' part, anyway.   :biggrin2:

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on November 17, 2017, 03:08:41 PM
I was referring to the Alabama part of your comment.  That's about all they do there is pray--thinking is not recommended nor encouraged.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on November 17, 2017, 03:08:41 PM

Agree with the "hope" part.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!