News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Schaden, meet freude (again)

Started by trdsf, November 09, 2017, 03:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

There are allegations that Alabama wingnut Roy Moore -- who will be remembered as the state judge who was twice removed from office, first for refusing to follow a court order to remove a two and a half ton ten commandments monument from the court house and after being re-elected to the same court, thrown out again for telling state probate court judges to ignore Obergefell and not issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples -- has a history of being a sexual predator.

All I will say is that I won't be surprised if they prove true.

GOP senators are telling him to get out of the race -- of course, he won't.  His competitor for the Republican nomination, Luther Strange, is being courted to mount a write-in campaign.

I will laugh so hard if this causes Alabama to elect a Democrat to the Senate next month.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on November 09, 2017, 03:41:03 PM
There are allegations that Alabama wingnut Roy Moore -- who will be remembered as the state judge who was twice removed from office, first for refusing to follow a court order to remove a two and a half ton ten commandments monument from the court house and after being re-elected to the same court, thrown out again for telling state probate court judges to ignore Obergefell and not issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples -- has a history of being a sexual predator.

All I will say is that I won't be surprised if they prove true.

GOP senators are telling him to get out of the race -- of course, he won't.  His competitor for the Republican nomination, Luther Strange, is being courted to mount a write-in campaign.

I will laugh so hard if this causes Alabama to elect a Democrat to the Senate next month.

Who knows.  But if he did, proves my point that dirty old men prefer 14 year old tricks ... rape or child bride or prostitute.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I guess that's why so many of them vacation in southeast Asia...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

GOP official says he’d vote for Moore even if allegations are true

QuoteAfter a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."
"Statutory rapist or Democrat?  Meh, I'll go with the rapist."  Gotta love the Family Values party.  They might not have principles or scruples, but man do they have party loyalty out the wazoo.

QuoteI think it is a typical Democratic â€" Democrat â€" ploy to discredit Judge Moore, a sincere, honest, trustworthy individual,” Skipper said. "These allegations that surfaced today â€" to my knowledge, they're all bunk. No credibility whatsoever.”
QuoteMoore denied the allegations, calling them "fake news" and a baseless attack on him by The Washington Post.
Fake news.  Bigly.  Yuge.  If mimicking a national embarrassment with a 37% approval rating isn't a surefire way to get back in the public's good graces, I dunno what is.

Hydra009

Okay, there's party loyalty and then there's just straight up defending pedophilia.  That's a whole new layer of fucked up.  It's like peeling an onion...

QuoteAn Alabama GOP state representative said Friday that he thinks legal action should be taken against the women who accused Roy Moore of sexual misconduct with a minor.
And charge them with what, exactly? 

QuoteState Rep. Ed Henry told The Cullman Times that he is “not buying” the Washington Post report, which was published with accounts from four women and backed up by 30 sources.
Umm...why?  Because the accused has an R next to his name?  Cause I guarantee you that he'd be singing a different tune if a Democrat were accused.

Quote“If they believe this man is predatory, they are guilty of allowing him to exist for 40 years,” Henry said. “I think someone should prosecute and go after them. You can’t be a victim 40 years later, in my opinion.”
That's one hell of a legal defense, don't you think?

Moore: "Your honor, I plead not guilty on the grounds that my accuser didn't immediately report the alleged crime"
Judge: "She was 14 at the time!"
Moore: "Yeah, and really bad at sex.  I had to do all the work.  So, am I being detained...?"
Judge: "Nah, you're free to go."

Mike Cl

And apparently, some of Moore's supporters said something like this---Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. 

Theists and morality--ha, theists don't have any.  They will say and do whatever they like and find a way to make it fit their religion.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

The basics are that Roy Moore molested a 14 yer old girl who reported it to her mother and friends.

This is not proven, but likely by supporting discussions among family and friends that they recall at the time.

This is sufficient to suggest Moore withdraw as a candidate.

But Moore should not be considered a viable candidate for other reasons. 

Moore is an anti birther against Obama.  He was twice removed from office for installing religious artifacts in a State Courthouse and then later for ordering local officials to ignore a US Supreme court ruling about registering homosexuals to marry.

He considers State laws superior to the US Constitution and the Christian bible above all State laws.  He thinks some States are following Islamic sharia law, but can't give a single example.

I ALMOST want him to be elected Senator to prove how crazy some Republicans/Extreme Conservatives are. 

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

i am looking forward to every political candidate being accused of sexual impropriety ... in an environment of guilty until proven innocent.  This should end politics in the US ... which means only guns are left ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 02:11:48 AM
i am looking forward to every political candidate being accused of sexual impropriety ... in an environment of guilty until proven innocent.  This should end politics in the US ... which means only guns are left ;-(

There are 3 aspects to the accusation. 

First, I have to agree with the "if true then he should withdraw" defense.  A claim is not proof. There HAVE been false claims of improprieties. Moore denies the claim.  He might be innocent

But second, as Mitt Romney said "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections. I believe Leigh Corfman. Her account is too serious to ignore. Moore is unfit for office and should step aside."  He probably should withdraw until the claims are investigated.  He can run for office in the future.

Third, his election as Senator would keep his status in doubt.  The Senate would have to vote to seat him, and that would be hard on his party. 

Moore has a long history of utter idiocy.  As a crazed theist, he has been on the top of my list of utterly despised individuals for decades. 

He thinks that State Law supersedes  Federal (Constitutional) law, and that Christian beliefs supersede both.  If he were Moslem, he would support Sharia Law.

He was removed from office twice BY ALABAMANS for ignoring the law.

Baruch

i am not a fan of Moore or any other politician.  I don't believe in George Washington or Lincoln anymore.  I have grow up, and like the Ancient Mariner, have woken wiser and sadder.

But people, who don't know anything, other than the bull in the news, think they know he is guilty or innocent?  Salem witch trials that.  Americans never change.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 10:50:42 AM
i am not a fan of Moore or any other politician.  I don't believe in George Washington or Lincoln anymore.  I have grow up, and like the Ancient Mariner, have woken wiser and sadder.

But people, who don't know anything, other than the bull in the news, think they know he is guilty or innocent?  Salem witch trials that.  Americans never change.

Easy question:  Should Roy Moore withdraw from the Senate election?

Mitt Romney had the right answer.  He said “Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections,” Romney, a former Massachusetts governor and 2012 GOP presidential nominee, tweeted. “I believe Leigh Corfman. Her account is too serious to ignore. Moore is unfit for office and should step aside.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 12:04:27 PM
Easy question:  Should Roy Moore withdraw from the Senate election?

Mitt Romney had the right answer.  He said “Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections,” Romney, a former Massachusetts governor and 2012 GOP presidential nominee, tweeted. “I believe Leigh Corfman. Her account is too serious to ignore. Moore is unfit for office and should step aside.

Every candidate should withdraw from every election.  It was a bad idea in Athens, and still is.  Romney is a shit head.  Why quote him?  Why not Eve Braun on how big Hitler is in bed?  Romney BTW was guilty as hell ... his own words, taped by the hired help.  And grandfather of the ACA.  Just nuke Boston already.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 01:07:14 PM
Every candidate should withdraw from every election.  It was a bad idea in Athens, and still is.  Romney is a shit head.  Why quote him?  Why not Eve Braun on how big Hitler is in bed?  Romney BTW was guilty as hell ... his own words, taped by the hired help.  And grandfather of the ACA.  Just nuke Boston already.

Most candidates are honorable (to the extent a politician can be).

Romney is a shit head, but he NAILED Moore.  No sex implied.

Records suggest Hitler had "small hands".  *coff coff*

Romney is a Dem hero for RomneyCare...

If you nuked Boston harbor, would annyone notice"?  Other than the mud on the Commons of course...  (pay the man, Shirley)

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 01:13:52 PM
Most candidates are honorable (to the extent a politician can be).

Romney is a shit head, but he NAILED Moore.  No sex implied.

Records suggest Hitler had "small hands".  *coff coff*

Romney is a Dem hero for RomneyCare...

If you nuked Boston harbor, would annyone notice"?  Other than the mud on the Commons of course...  (pay the man, Shirley)

Hitler said that Churchill was a gangster.  There is a photo with Churchill and a tommy gun ;-)  Something he and Stalin agreed on.  So we should support Hitler?  Or Stalin?

RomneyCare is proof that no Republican can be trusted, not to be a Democrat.  Same with Bill Clinton, the arch-Republican.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 01:32:22 PM
Hitler said that Churchill was a gangster.  There is a photo with Churchill and a tommy gun ;-)  Something he and Stalin agreed on.  So we should support Hitler?  Or Stalin?

RomneyCare is proof that no Republican can be trusted, not to be a Democrat.  Same with Bill Clinton, the arch-Republican.

Hitler and Stalin were pre-Tumps with authority and armies...  I would even bet both referred to "fake news".