News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Schaden, meet freude (again)

Started by trdsf, November 09, 2017, 03:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 15, 2017, 05:26:40 PM
I must admit I am amused with and about Moore.  He is just the poster child for all evangelicals and born again types.  How anyone who claims to be christian can claim to be moral is beyond me.

That is the problem with "no true Scotsman".  Isn't it also true that one contradiction, disproves the over-generalization?  So just one good Christian, is enough to defeat the negative rhetoric that "all Christians are bad", though not enough to defeat the 99% who are bad ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 15, 2017, 05:42:36 PM
That is the problem with "no true Scotsman".  Isn't it also true that one contradiction, disproves the over-generalization?  So just one good Christian, is enough to defeat the negative rhetoric that "all Christians are bad", though not enough to defeat the 99% who are bad ;-(
Christianity is 100% bad.  Individual christians should be judged by how they act; the christian religion itself is without morals, ethics or a decent set of values.  Not all christians are Christian.  Nor are they christian all the time.  The christian religion is the christian religion all the time.  I accept people as people.  So, there is no over-generalization.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 15, 2017, 08:36:39 PM
Christianity is 100% bad.  Individual christians should be judged by how they act; the christian religion itself is without morals, ethics or a decent set of values.  Not all christians are Christian.  Nor are they christian all the time.  The christian religion is the christian religion all the time.  I accept people as people.  So, there is no over-generalization.

Yes, you represent the nihilism (opposition to) generalization.  Not a bad position ... non-ideological.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 15, 2017, 08:36:39 PM

I am with you on that.  No good Christians.  But also no good Jews, Moslems, Hindus, etc...

They are all deluded and possibly "unsane".  I don't think any of them is nuts so much as I think ALL of them are.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2017, 08:26:06 AM
I am with you on that.  No good Christians.  But also no good Jews, Moslems, Hindus, etc...

They are all deluded and possibly "unsane".  I don't think any of them is nuts so much as I think ALL of them are.

I know religious people as paranoid as you post.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on December 15, 2017, 03:36:47 AM
The political loss of both Strange ans Moore is going to drive Trump raving around the White House at night and lead to more weird Twitter posts.  I sat, the more the better.  As his craziness is more exposed to the country, the easier it will be to negate him.
I came, I saw, I concurred.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on December 15, 2017, 05:42:36 PM
Yeah, 99% of Christians make the rest of them look bad...
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 22, 2017, 05:49:22 PM
Yeah, 99% of Christians make the rest of them look bad...

And the other 1% are kindly old deluded grammas who bake cookies for all the children and don't think a whole lot about such unhappy things.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I doubt that thinking is a priority with such folks. Emotion is their forte.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 26, 2017, 02:50:54 PM
I doubt that thinking is a priority with such folks. Emotion is their forte.

EQ over IQ is equally unbalanced, relative to the alternative.  Balance the Force, Luke.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Hey, merry Christmahannakwanzika Baruch! Or happy solstice, which is what I celebrate. I hate the short days of winter, but I am enjoying today's apricity.
God Not Found

trdsf

Well, surprise surprise.  Internationally known knuckledragger Moore has filed a last-minute complaint alleging massive poll fraud and demanding a new election in Alabama.

The Alabama Secretary of State has said Jones will be certified on schedule at 1pm today.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Aw, bless his pointy little head. Republicans always seem to be sore losers, as happened when Franken won, and was then held up from taking office for about 6 months. I feel a very definite schadenfreude over Moore's fit of pique. Sometimes I think it's really too bad that hell doesn't exist - for people like him to be roasted in for eternity.
God Not Found

trdsf

And Doug Jones is now officially the Senator-Elect for Alabama and will be taking his seat Jan 3, with his election certified by Republican SecState John Merrill, Republican Governor Kay Ivey and Republican Attorney General Steve Marshall, while the courts essentially told Moore to fuck off (albeit in legalistic language).
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on December 28, 2017, 10:05:22 AM
Well, surprise surprise.  Internationally known knuckledragger Moore has filed a last-minute complaint alleging massive poll fraud and demanding a new election in Alabama.
You'd think a guy like that would know how to pull out.