Priests told to stop calling bishops 'spineless nerds and sycophantic half-wits’

Started by Hydra009, November 08, 2017, 07:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2018, 06:57:44 AM
Don't you don't or anyone here, say they love the poor.  America loves to fuck the poor ... that is how we love each other.

Well, I am taking care of a retired indigent Native American ... supplying him with extra pin money he needs.  I also take care of my Ex, even though she is on her second divorce.  And I take care of my daughter, who is handicapped.  All three of those people are poor.  And I suspect they are getting every penny ... so I have feels for the poor poor medical care and elder care system that costs $6000 per month.  They might not be getting much, other than my corpse.  Though I support people working in medical care and elder care ... but at least they have jobs.

I am not so perfect that I don't pity the poor.  But I was one myself.  And even then only by US standards.  I had a roof over my head and heat even when I had to share it with La Cucaracha...  My desire is to help others get better lives.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 07, 2018, 07:02:17 AM
I am not so perfect that I don't pity the poor.  But I was one myself.  And even then only by US standards.  I had a roof over my head and heat even when I had to share it with La Cucaracha...  My desire is to help others get better lives.

Teach a man to fish ... how Republican of you.  That is what Democrats are today, bourgeois.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2018, 07:23:13 AM
Teach a man to fish ... how Republican of you.  That is what Democrats are today, bourgeois.

No, the Republicans will either sell you a fish or sell you a gimmick to catch them.  And maybe Democrats will give you a fish.  *I* will teach you how to fish.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 07, 2018, 07:59:29 AM
No, the Republicans will either sell you a fish or sell you a gimmick to catch them.  And maybe Democrats will give you a fish.  *I* will teach you how to fish.

So, an Independent, like me ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2018, 12:40:09 PM
So, an Independent, like me ;-)

Depends, would you like to learn how to fish?  I have some experience at that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 04:09:22 AM
Depends, would you like to learn how to fish?  I have some experience at that.

In what that usually contextualizes to ... a government employee (or contractor) giving advice on how to make the free market grow ... is laughable.

If you mean actual fishing, then no.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 09, 2018, 06:49:14 AM
In what that usually contextualizes to ... a government employee (or contractor) giving advice on how to make the free market grow ... is laughable.

If you mean actual fishing, then no.

I meant actual fishing.  You toss a small lure out on the top of the water and let it sit a few minutes. Then give it a twitch to make it seem like something that doesn't want to be there.  Crippled minnow, bug on the water, doesn't really much matter.  Another twitch, A LUNGE from below!  If you are not surprised too much, you flip your fishing rod up and catch a predator fish. 

Or not.

I laugh watching some guys in boats splashing the water with big lures as fast as they can.  Like speed equals skill.  Sure they catch some fish.  But I get more teasing them and knowing when to expect a strike.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 13, 2018, 05:12:53 AM
I meant actual fishing.  You toss a small lure out on the top of the water and let it sit a few minutes. Then give it a twitch to make it seem like something that doesn't want to be there.  Crippled minnow, bug on the water, doesn't really much matter.  Another twitch, A LUNGE from below!  If you are not surprised too much, you flip your fishing rod up and catch a predator fish. 

Or not.

I laugh watching some guys in boats splashing the water with big lures as fast as they can.  Like speed equals skill.  Sure they catch some fish.  But I get more teasing them and knowing when to expect a strike.

Same as catching predator women ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 13, 2018, 05:15:31 AM
Same as catching predator women ;-)

Wouldn't know thing about that.  Don't play those games.  Ask my children.

Unbeliever

I played a video game called Monster Bass that was pretty good. I've since then wanted to attach a tiny video camera to a real fishing line to watch the fish take the bait or lure. I haven't been able to do it yet, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TsRz1HdZMQ
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 13, 2018, 01:31:41 PM
I played a video game called Monster Bass that was pretty good. I've since then wanted to attach a tiny video camera to a real fishing line to watch the fish take the bait or lure. I haven't been able to do it yet, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TsRz1HdZMQ

I once had the opportunity to climp up on a large branch that hung over a spot were we wnt fishihg for bass.  I could see the fish in the water.  It was AMAZING how they ignored almost every.   Noisy splashy lures usually went right past their noses.  But a small pop fly sitting out there for a while, the twitched slightly always got their attention.  Still almost no strikes (we weren't all that good at twitchihg the bugs), but they got a lot more attention that most of the other stuff.

Baruch

My daughter and I played Oregon Trail when she was little.  She always enjoyed the fishing part.  But the hunting part not so much.  She would fire without taking here time ... and get hit with a ricochet!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 13, 2018, 07:32:08 PM
My daughter and I played Oregon Trail when she was little.  She always enjoyed the fishing part.  But the hunting part not so much.  She would fire without taking here time ... and get hit with a ricochet!

Is that a game, or a real life experience?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 15, 2018, 03:19:05 AM
Is that a game, or a real life experience?

I am not that old.  I wouldn't have let a 7 year old handle a hunting rifle!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 18, 2018, 08:18:32 PM
I am not that old.  I wouldn't have let a 7 year old handle a hunting rifle!

But in a game you will.  Interesting...