Priests told to stop calling bishops 'spineless nerds and sycophantic half-wits’

Started by Hydra009, November 08, 2017, 07:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 09, 2017, 07:05:21 PM
oh you two funny guys, your like the siskel and ebert of these forums.

Cavebear and I for the last year, have generated most of the traffic here.  Quantity, not necessarily quality.  Y'all just like to watch old men fighting over a game of checkers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

A cover up by the church is very effective, at least until the cover up is exposed.  But at that point, the cover up needs to become a clean up.  You can't just keep covering up.  It's been exposed.  The cat is out of the bag.  Guilt has been legally established, and everyone on the planet knows you are guilty.  This scandal isn't going away unless you fix the problem.  The Catholic Church could learn to clean rather than cover.  They've done it before, although it usually takes hundreds of years to admit its errors, but for as much egg as it has on its face, you would think the Church would now whole heartedly embrace new strategies for dealing with its mistakes, especially when denial and inaction are failing so miserably.  I guess old habits are hard to break.  You can't teach an old dog new tricks.  Can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, and my top favorite cliché, "Stop fucking around, already."

Baruch

You underestimate the "memory hole".  And things disappear much faster now.  If something became an urban legend, it stayed around a long time (King Richard III killed his nephews).  Now news is rated at minutes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 10, 2017, 12:48:12 AM
Cavebear and I for the last year, have generated most of the traffic here.  Quantity, not necessarily quality.  Y'all just like to watch old men fighting over a game of checkers.

Don't claim me as a partner in your postings!  I think you are a raving ultra-religious ultra-authoritarian lunatic who sits in bed all day waiting for posts to reply to jesterly and idiotically just to get responses.

Debating you is like playing Whack-A-Mole.  When I have, at times, slowly gotten you into reasonable discussions, you throw it all away with some series of slapstick verbal crap and I give up on you.

You actually don't want reasonable discussions.  They re difficult and tke some effort.  And you prefer the jokes and nonsense.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 12, 2017, 02:53:04 AM
Don't claim me as a partner in your postings!  I think you are a raving ultra-religious ultra-authoritarian lunatic who sits in bed all day waiting for posts to reply to jesterly and idiotically just to get responses.

Debating you is like playing Whack-A-Mole.  When I have, at times, slowly gotten you into reasonable discussions, you throw it all away with some series of slapstick verbal crap and I give up on you.

You actually don't want reasonable discussions.  They re difficult and tke some effort.  And you prefer the jokes and nonsense.

You are the best sparring partner I have now.  I will continue to hit you (in a friendly way).  Egg you on at times, even when I am out of eggs.  And yes, I do post a lot, when there is a target rich environment.  But as a skeptic of the group think that lives here ... not as a missionary.  Radical group think is just knee-jerk Leftism.

And yes, isn't it incumbent on us to rage at the machine?  Is apathy a virtue?  Yes, my values are increasingly refined .. partly by the sparring here.  I am more religious, not less, as a result.  But not in a conventional or irrational way.  And since when is democracy rational? Mob rule is chaos.   And about authoritarianism, aren't you projecting?  I have never proposed to become a moderator, so I can control the other posters ... nor will I.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Sometimes it seems more like Statler and Waldorf than Siskel and Ebert ;)
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 14, 2017, 09:26:14 AM
Sometimes it seems more like Statler and Waldorf than Siskel and Ebert ;)

I am convinced. in spite of your color, that you are not Kermit ;-))  But if you speak French instead of Dutch, then you are still a frog ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on December 14, 2017, 02:10:02 PM
I am convinced. in spite of your color, that you are not Kermit ;-))  But if you speak French instead of Dutch, then you are still a frog ;-)

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on December 10, 2017, 12:48:12 AM
I'd rather watch y'all fight with flame-throwers, but I doubt I'll get the opportunity. Ah, well, life's a bitch, huh?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 14, 2017, 06:04:50 PM
I'd rather watch y'all fight with flame-throwers, but I doubt I'll get the opportunity. Ah, well, life's a bitch, huh?

You asked for it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukw9oGSwLn4

Flame on!

Coming to a weenie roast near you ... got Smores?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 12, 2017, 06:53:20 AM
You are the best sparring partner I have now.  I will continue to hit you (in a friendly way).  Egg you on at times, even when I am out of eggs.  And yes, I do post a lot, when there is a target rich environment.  But as a skeptic of the group think that lives here ... not as a missionary.  Radical group think is just knee-jerk Leftism.

And yes, isn't it incumbent on us to rage at the machine?  Is apathy a virtue?  Yes, my values are increasingly refined .. partly by the sparring here.  I am more religious, not less, as a result.  But not in a conventional or irrational way.  And since when is democracy rational? Mob rule is chaos.   And about authoritarianism, aren't you projecting?  I have never proposed to become a moderator, so I can control the other posters ... nor will I.

I do not come here to spar with a neo-nazi religious fanatic.  I come here to discuss events with other atheists.  YOU, on the other hand, seem to be here just to post jokes and games and if you weren't here, I would be happier to not get drawn into your nonsense. 

The problem is, that when I still want to talk late at night, you are the only one posting, and in my boredom, you are the only game in town. 

I keep trying to put you on my "Ignore" list, but it doesn't work.

If you disappeared now, I would consider it a board improvement.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 15, 2017, 03:04:19 AM
I do not come here to spar with a neo-nazi religious fanatic.  I come here to discuss events with other atheists.  YOU, on the other hand, seem to be here just to post jokes and games and if you weren't here, I would be happier to not get drawn into your nonsense. 

The problem is, that when I still want to talk late at night, you are the only one posting, and in my boredom, you are the only game in town. 

I keep trying to put you on my "Ignore" list, but it doesn't work.

If you disappeared now, I would consider it a board improvement.

And you are a kill-joy, but I still love you.  You can discuss with anyone willing to talk to you.  Their problem, not mine.  One of our recent un-loved posters went off and built his own website ... so he could have less obnoxious conversations with people like himself.  Problem is, everyone is unique, so ... crickets.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 15, 2017, 04:58:46 AM
And you are a kill-joy, but I still love you.  You can discuss with anyone willing to talk to you.  Their problem, not mine.  One of our recent un-loved posters went off and built his own website ... so he could have less obnoxious conversations with people like himself.  Problem is, everyone is unique, so ... crickets.

Chirp.

One can prefer to have the company of atheists when visiting an atheist site without being a cricket.

Why don't you go visit a theist site?  Or have you been banned from them? 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2017, 03:17:35 PM
Chirp.

One can prefer to have the company of atheists when visiting an atheist site without being a cricket.

Why don't you go visit a theist site?  Or have you been banned from them?

Never been banned anywhere.  I cooperate with the moderators.  If you want an exclusive club, be like the little boys who build a treehouse, and put up a partly legible sign that says "girls not allowed".

There is nobody like you.  Or like me.  Or like anyone else.  Tribal fantasies are just desperate delusions attempting to escape loneliness.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 18, 2017, 07:26:34 PM
Never been banned anywhere.  I cooperate with the moderators.  If you want an exclusive club, be like the little boys who build a treehouse, and put up a partly legible sign that says "girls not allowed".

There is nobody like you.  Or like me.  Or like anyone else.  Tribal fantasies are just desperate delusions attempting to escape loneliness.

Your claim to uniqueness conflicts with mine and everyone else's not like me.

Joke...